NEW THIS YEAR! Every finisher will receive a finishers medal!
Ring in the New Year with a run! Join us Saturday Dec. 30, 2023, for our annual Frostbite 5K/10K and Family Fun Run. Both events begin and end at the Sumner County YMCA and each course takes you through the lakeside rolling hills surrounding the Y.
Members Only: We will also be offering on-site child care for ages 6 weeks to 12 years from 8-12 p.m.(*2 hour limit per child), where your child can stay while you race.
Event details and schedule
- Pre-Packet Pickup:
- Friday, Dec. 29 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Sumner County Family YMCA.
- Race Day Packet Pick-up/Walk-up Registration: 7:30-8:30 a.m. at Sumner County Family YMCA.
- Child Care Services (Members Only): 8-12 p.m. (*2 hour limit per child)
- Kids Fun Run Starts: 8:30 a.m.
- 10K Starts: 9 a.m.
- 5K Starts: 9:15 a.m.
- Frostbite Village: 8-10 a.m.
- Frostbite Freeze: 10:15 a.m.
- Awards: Within 30 minutes after the last eligible winner crosses the finish line.
Overall awards will be based on gun time.
- Overall Awards | Top 3: male and female
- Masters & Grand Masters
- Masters (40+) — Top 1 finishers male and female.
- Grand Masters (50+) — Top 1 finishers male and female.
- Senior Grand Masters (60+) — Top 1 finishers male and female.
You are allowed to claim a prize in only one category.
Award cermony is TBD.
Participants will receive a free t-shirt on a first-come, first-served basis. Sizes are not guaranteed. Those who register beginning Dec. 29 must pick up their shirt after their race.
We expect our event to happen rain or shine. However, the safety of our participants is of great importance. In the event of adverse conditions (tornado warning, tornado watch, thunderstorm, heavy rain, or any other extreme weather conditions), the Race Director, in communication with the local law enforcement and the city, may delay the event, cancel the event, or make changes to the race course. Refunds will not be issued if the event is cancelled for adverse weather conditions.
Benefitting the Y
The YMCA Race Series benefits the YMCA of Middle Tennessee. As a leading nonprofit committed to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of children and teens, improves community health and well-being and supports people in need right in our own neighborhood.
By participating in the race, you're making an enduring, lasting impact in your community by giving everyone, regardless of age, income or background, the opportunities they need to learn, grow and thrive.
A special thank you to our race series sponsor: Publix Charities