Come join us for a day of fun on the ice at Jordanelle State Park! There will be two divisions for this trout tournament: adult and youth (15 and under). Pre-registration will be $10 for adults (+fees) and $5 for youth (+fees). Registration on event day will be $15 for adults and $10 for youth. All youth are guaranteed to receive some sort of prize. $2,000 in prizes!
Event details and schedule
2019 WHEN “HAILSTONE” FREEZES OVER ICE FISHING TOURNAMENT
GENERAL ICE FISHING REGISTRATION, RULES, AND INFORMATION
This is a Trout Tournament ONLY.
• Registration for the tournament is open until February 7th at midnight. Go to stateparks.utah.gov ; click on Jordanelle’s park event page.
• $10/person (+on-line fee) for pre-registered Adult participants.
• $5/person (+on-line fee) for pre-registered Youth participants (15 years and under).
o $15/person (+on-line fee) ($10 for Youth) to register after February 7 at midnight and on-site at Jordanelle on event day.
• Your entry fee covers entry to the park and the event.
o Registration must take place prior to any fishing on the ice.
Registration Check-In: Saturday morning NO EARLIER THAN 6:00 AM – 7:00 AM.
• Registration will take place at their main park entrance at Hailstone.
• Each participant’s may weigh in up to four (4) trout. The top trout by length will be considered for tournament ranking.
• Awards will be given for first, second, and third place participants for the adult and youth divisions.
• All rules of the 2018-2019 fishing proclamation will be followed. You must have a valid Utah fishing license. Youth under the age of twelve (12) do not need a fishing license.
• Courtesy, sportsmanship, and conservation must be displayed at all times.
• The possession limit is four fish.
• Fish must be checked in immediately upon being caught.
• All fish caught and released must be done so unharmed.
• If any of the catches are stressed they are to be kept as part of your limit.
• Fish length will be measured to determine the biggest fish; ties will be decided by weight.
• Park/Wildlife staff will measure and weigh fish at the official weigh-in station. Their decision will be final and not disputed.
• The tournament starts at 7:00 AM and ends @ 2:00 PM.
• No tournament anglers will be allowed to enter fish before 7:00 AM or after 2:00 PM.
• The tournament will be started with a sound producing device.
• Fish can be checked anytime during the tournament hours.
• Results will be posted as they come in.
• State Parks reserves the right to test the top three fish to verify the time caught.
• Any cheating or violation of rules will result in disqualification.
• Properly registered OHV’s are allowed at Jordanelle. Youth under 18 years of age must wear an approved helmet.
• Opportunity drawing and awards will be conducted shortly after 2:00 PM.
• Employees of Jordanelle may not register as a participant in the tournament.
• REFUNDS: There will be no refunds issued. Registrations are non-transferable. In case of poor or no ice conditions, fishing from shore only will be allowed.
• Adult Division 1st place = $250 Cabela's gift card
• Adult Division 2nd place = $100 Cabela's gift card
• Adult Division 3rd place = $50 Cabela's gift card
• Youth Division 1st place = $250 Cabela's gift card
• Youth Division 2nd place = $100 Cabela's gift card
• Youth Division 3rd place = $50 Cabela's gift card
• Around 50-70 opportunity drawing prizes (at no additional fee for participants). ALL YOUTH WILL RECEIVE SOME SORT OF PRIZE.
Utah State Parks/ Jordanelle State Park