Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Twyford School142 Twyford Road, Twyford Hastings, HKB, New Zealand 4175
USO Bike Ride Cycle Relay Hawkes Bay is a fun filled event for cyclists of all levels and abilities. Starting at 9am and finishing at 3pm the relay is held on beautiful Hawkes Bay Roads around a flat 6.96km circuit starting and finishing at Twyford School.
The relay is open to individuals and teams of 2-6 members.
- Participants are encouraged to bring pop up tents, deck chairs and set up a team base for the day.
- Food stalls, a coffee cart, music and a number of games for team members and supporters will available throughout the day.
- Information/Education sessions for teams and supporters will also be held for participants and supporters eg Active recovery using foam rollers. A timetable of sessions will be posted up closer to the date of the event.
- A timetable for off the bike team challenges will also be posted on the event website closer to the event day.
Event details and scheduleSaturday 22nd September
- 7:30-8:30 Event site is open to team's to set up and collect team info and timing chips
- 7:30-8:00am Late registrations
NOTE: Late Entries will incur an admin fee of $20 for individuals and $50.00 for teams. ARRIVING AT THE EVENT:
Due to road closure from Jarvis Road to Twyford School participants are advisd to access the car parking as follows:
- Those travelling from Napier are advised to come via Evenden-Raupare-Trotter-Evans Road
- Those coming from Flaxmere, Hastings, Omahu, Havelock North use Omahu Road and turn off at Twyford Road.
- 8:45am- Welcome and Ride briefing
- 9:00am- Relay starts- Road used for the relay remain open to all road user's!
- 2:45pm The final lap-All team members and teams are invited to start together as one peleton to ride and enjoy the final lap together
- 3:00pm Event ends.