USO Bike Ride Cycle Relay Hawkes Bay is a fun filled event for cyclists of all levels and abilities. Starting at 9am and finishing at 3pm the relay is held on beautiful Hawkes Bay Roads around a flat 6.96km circuit starting and finishing at Twyford School.
The relay is open to individuals and teams of 2-6 members.
- Participants are encouraged to bring pop up tents, deck chairs and set up a team base for the day.
- Food stalls, a coffee cart, music and a number of games for team members and supporters will available throughout the day.
- Information/Education sessions for teams and supporters will also be held for participants and supporters eg Active recovery using foam rollers. A timetable of sessions will be posted up closer to the date of the event.
- A timetable for off the bike team challenges will also be posted on the event website closer to the event day.
Event details and scheduleSaturday 22nd September
- 7:30-8:30 Event site is open to team's to set up and collect team info and timing chips
- 7:30-8:00am Late registrations
NOTE: Late Entries will incur an admin fee of $20 for individuals and $50.00 for teams. ARRIVING AT THE EVENT:
Due to road closure from Jarvis Road to Twyford School participants are advisd to access the car parking as follows:
- Those travelling from Napier are advised to come via Evenden-Raupare-Trotter-Evans Road
- Those coming from Flaxmere, Hastings, Omahu, Havelock North use Omahu Road and turn off at Twyford Road.
- 8:45am- Welcome and Ride briefing
- 9:00am- Relay starts- Road used for the relay remain open to all road user's!
- 2:45pm The final lap-All team members and teams are invited to start together as one peleton to ride and enjoy the final lap together
- 3:00pm Event ends.
USO Bike Ride