Get stoked for the 6th annual Life's A Beach Triathlon Hampton--returning to Buckroe Beach on June 9, 2018!!!
The Life's A Beach Triathlon is the fun triathlon that almost anyone can finish!
Heard your serious triathlon friends talk about shaving seconds off their transition times? Well, at Life's A Beach "transition time" means how long it takes to get you from the finish line into beach bash mode--dancing in the sand to the beat of our live music or chillaxing with a cold beverage while waiting for your friends to finish. At our Hampton event, the finish line is right next to the beer garden and stage--site of our Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party.
EVENT DISCIPLINES AND DISTANCES
Almost Anything Goes Swim--200 yards
Want to use fins? Be our guest! Want to use a boogie board? Awesome!
Chillaxin' Bike--5 miles
- Our Hampton bike course is all concrete or paved road!
- Beach cruisers or mountain bikes highly recommended!
Beach Run--2 Miles
- On the run you'll have some fun, beach-themed obstacles to keep you smiling!
- And, where else can you hurdle pink flamingoes and limbo at the finish line?
BACK FOR 2018: LIFE'S A BEACH EXTREME 8AM START WAVE
We are again turning our 8am wave into a more challenging version of Life's A Beach Triathlon. Participants will do double the distance and be faced with some other (we're still working on these) unique beach-oriented challenges. This wave will cost a little more, but participants will get an even more unique race shirt and finisher's medals.
Want to race with your family? We allow racers down to 9 years old AND you can all sign up for the same starting wave! That's right--start waves are not based on age group--you choose! So, you can also race next to friends and coworkers!
We'll even have a free Hatchling Dash Kid's Run (with medals!) for the younger kids--so bring along the entire family for some beach fun!
LIfe's A Beach Triathlon Booty
- 2018 LAB T-Shirt
- NEW DESIGN! Turtle/Bottle-Opener Finisher's Award
- LAB Tri Temporary Tattoo
- Post-Race Snack and Drink
- 2 Beers Included (for those of legal drinking age: must bring ID)
- Live Music
Official Life's A Beach Triathlon Hampton Host Hotel
Life's A Beach Triathlon Gives Back
- In Hampton, we work with Healthy Families and the Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- We also welcome other non-profits to our expo (free of charge, but at our discretion).
NO EVENT REFUNDS.
LIMITED TRANSFERS OR DEFERRALS MAY BE AVAILABLE UNTIL May 23, 2018. AFTER THAT DATE A $15 FEE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR DEFERRALS.
Event details and schedule
Friday, June 8
- 3:30pm-7:30pm: Racer Packet Pick-Up Buckroe Beach Park
- 3:30pm-7:30pm: Life's A Beach Expo at Buckroe Beach Park
Saturday, June 9
- 6:00-7:30am Racer Packet Pick-Up
- 6:15-7:45am Transition Area Open/Bike Check-in
- 8:00am First Starting Wave!
- 8:30am Live Music Jammin'
- 10:45am Hatchling Dash Kids Run
- 11:15 am (approximately) Awards Ceremony
- Bodacious Beach Bash After-Party: Starts as soon as you finish!
- Downtown Hampton After-After Party TBA--stay tuned! Party the night away!
Endeavor Racing, LLC