The 7th Annual Hamden Hills Half Marathon and 5K is being held on Saturday, May 26th (Memorial Day Weekend.)
Our Half Marathon course is challenging and picturesque as you run through the back country of Hamden. The course runs on the Rail-Trail for the first 2 miles and the last 2 miles offering a bit of flat, shady ground to enjoy.
The 5K is 100% on the rail-trail for a flat and fast finish.
- Chip timed for accuracy
- Short Sleeve Race Shirts to all entrants
- Custom Finisher Medals for the Half Marathon
- Bananas and Bagels post-race food
- Gatorade, GU and Poland Spring Water at all Aid Stations (Miles 2.5, 4.5, 6.5, 8.5, 10.5)
- Our new Real-Time system allows for award winners to get their award immediately after they finish. Just grab your race receipt from the timing table and bring it to the award table
- Top 3 Overall (M&F) and in 10 year age divisions win a custom race pilsner.
10/13/2017 - 2/25/2018
Half Marathon $60
3/26/2018 - 5/22/2018
Half Marathon $65
5/25/2018 - 5/26/2018 (In-Person Registration)
Half Marathon $70
CASH or CHECKS made out to "Cash" ONLY
You may TRANSFER your registration to another athlete until 4/30/2018 for $10.
You may DEFER your entry to the 2019 Hamden Hills Race until 4/30/2018 for $10
- The Half Marathon is Race 2 in the Shoreline Sharks Half Marathon Streaker Series. Athletes who finish the Savin Rock Marathon or Half Marathon (4/1/2017) PLUS the Hamden Hills Half Marathon (5/20/2017) PLUS the Gulf Beach Half Marathon (9/16/2017) will be mailed a custom Race Series Hoodie FREE!
*There is no single entry for the 3 Half Marathons. Simply register for each individually.
- The Hamden Hills 5K is the first event in the Shoreline Sharks 5K Streaker Series! Finish Hamden Hills (5/20/2017), The Pirate Day 5K at Gulf Beach (6/11/2017) and The Savin Rock 5K (7/16/2017) to receive a FREE custom Long Sleeve Race Streaker Tech Shirt!
- Want to DOUBLE STREAK? Do all (using the Hamden Hills Half Marathon to count for both Hamden races) and get both the Hoodie and Long Sleeve Tech!
Event details and schedule
From I-91: Take exit 10 (Rt 40 connector) to Rt 10 North (Whitney Ave) Make a left onto Sherman Ave. From Rt 15 (Merritt Parkway): Take exit 61, Rt 10 North (Whitney Ave) Go for 2.7 miles and turn left onto Sherman Ave. Turn LEFT into the Canal Rail-Trail Lot.
THIS IS ALSO THE PLACE FOR RACE-DAY REGISTRATION AND PACKET PICK-UP
Google Map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/Vnb7M
Optional Friday Packet Pick-Up and Day-Before Registration
Friday May 25th from 3:30-6:30pm
*You may pick up for other people if those people are notified in advance*
Packet pick-up and day-before-registration will be at The Multisports Academy, 109 Sanford St. Hamden, CT. 06514 (203-691-7349)
Race-Day Registration & Packet Pick-up Saturday May 26th from 7:00-7:45am
Race Day Registration and packet pick-up will be at the race start/finish (see directions above.)
The race will start PROMPTLY at 8am!
Half Marathon and 5K Maps
Click this link to see the Half Marathon course including elevation.
Click this link to see the 5K course including elevation.
7:00am: Registration and Packet Pickup opens
7:45am: Packet Pickup Closes
8:00am: Half Marathon Starts
8:15am: 5K Starts
8:30am: First 5K finishers
9:15am: Last of the 5K finishers are in
9:20am: First finishers for the Half Marathon
11:30am: Final Finishers of the Half Marathon
12:00pm: Race Venue Closed
TRAVEL AND HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS:
Hamden, Connecticut can be accessed easily from Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, CT. (46 Miles away) as well as JFK International Airport (85 miles away) and LaGuardia International Airport, (79 miles away) both in Queens, NY. Bradley will be MUCH easier to fly through and travel to and from the race venue, but the tickets may be more expensive.
The best and closest hotels to stay in for the Hamden Hills Half Marathon are:
Whitney Inn & Suites (Half a mile from the race venue)
3400 Whitney Ave. Hamden, CT. 06518
Phone (203) 288-2505
Clarion Hotel & Suites (3 Miles from the race venue)
2260 Whitney Ave. Hamden, CT. 06518
Phone (203) 288-3831