Thank you to all who participated at My Kidneys Run/Walk!
My Kidneys Run/Walk promotes awareness of kidney disease and organ donation, providing a chance for the kidney community to come together. The event is managed by Next Level Sports and features a 5K run/walk and 1 mile untimed walk. The event takes place on a flat, paved trail in Root River Parkway South on a spring morning where you may even pass turkeys or a fox along the way!
All funds go to support the National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin and their programs and services for patients and families in Wisconsin. More details can be found at www.kidneywi.org. #MyKidneysMKE
Event details and schedule
Event Schedule and Details
- Printable schedule (PDF)
|7:30 - 8:30 a.m.|| |
Run/Walk Registration Pick up your bib, packet, and t-shirt
|8:00 - 11:00 a.m.|| |
High Phosphorus, High Sodium Bingo
Kids and Family Area
My Mom is Having Surgery: A Kidney Story
We Love Moms
Team Photos Gather everyone for a picture by event photographer, Frank Miller
|8:30 a.m.|| |
Get It Warm
|8:45 a.m.|| |
|9:00 a.m.|| |
5K Run/Walk Start
|9:30 a.m.|| |
Get It Warm Stretches and warm-up by Rubbani Fitness
|10:00 a.m.|| |
1 Mile Walk Start
|10:30 a.m. (approx)|| |
Enter the park using 92nd St. From 92nd St, go east on N Root River Pkwy (across from the entrance to the Boerner Botanical Gardens). There will be angle parking on N Root River Pkwy. The parking lot at Picnic Area 1 will be for handicapped parking and drop-off only.
- Download the route map
Help Promote the Run/Walk
Use #MyKidneysMKE on your social media posts.
Volunteering? Contact Joycelyn at 262-821-0705 with any questions.
Fundraise - Online and Off
- Download the Fundraising Guide (PDF)
- Call 262-821-0705 to request a fundraising packet
- Use the contribution form and pledge sheet to collect donations. Have your donors fill out a contribution form while you keep track of your donations on the pledge sheet. The pledge sheet, contribution form and donation should be turned into the NKFW office by mail or brought to the event on May 9th.
1) Who can run/walk?
- The 1 mile walk is perfect for anyone! The scenic route is flat and paved. Wheelchairs are welcome.
- Anyone 12 years and over can register to walk or run.
- Children 11 and under are free. There will be family-friendly activities for all to enjoy.
2) What types of awards are handed out?
- 5K Race Medals: Overall male/female and age categories (12-15; 16-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70+)
- Team Recognition: Team Spirit; Oldest/Youngest Team
- Kidney Star: Individuals who raise $500 or more receive a certificate of achievement
3) What if there is inclement weather?
- My Kidneys Run/Walk is rain or shine!
4) I can't make it, how can I still be a part of the event?
National Kidney Foundation of Wisconsin