Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Ludwig's Corner Horse Show and Fairgrounds5 Nantmeal Road Glenmoore, PA 19343
ARE YOU READY FOR THE CHALLENGE?
Pedal for a purpose and help end Parkinson's with the PD500 Shake Off the Hills Challenge. Enjoy Chester County's gorgeous fall colors, scenic roads and historic places. The PD500 was recommended by Active.com as one of eight fall, scenic rides in the nation and the only ride in Pennsylvania! http://www.active.com/cycling/articles/8-fall-metric-century-rides.
You will begin your ride with hot cider--end with a cold beer from Dogfish. Choose from three gorgeous, challenging and hilly routes:
16-mile (rolling hills across a covered bridge with 928 ft. vertical climbs);*
45-mile (challenging rolling hills through historic St. Peters Village with 3,444 ft. vertical climbs);*
Metric Century (hill, hills and more hills that takes you through St. Peters Village and to beautiful French Creek State Park with 4,826 ft. of vertical climbs).*
The ride begins and ends at the Ludwigs Corner Horse Show and fairgrounds in Glenmoore, PA. The ride would not be complete without MORE 101.1FM Street Team spinning the hits at 7am, bike tune-ups by Performance Bicycle, properly stocked rest-stops, sag support and, of course, live "Rock 'n' Roll" music by Scarlett Sometime and Sonny Ray Ramos.
Return from your ride enjoy a hearty BBQ lunch at the fairgrounds. Also, one free complementary Dogfish Head beer for those 21 years and over. Family and friends are welcomed to cheer you on at the finish line and enjoy the day, too. Don't forget to tell them to bring a blanket to enjoy the bands!
NOT UP FOR THE RIDE. YOU CAN STILL BE A PARKINSON'S HERO. VIRTUAL BICYCLE RIDERS WELCOMED!
This is a virtual ride, so you can ride wherever you are and whenever you can. You can even complete this ride on a stationary bike or a spin class. Simply track your miles from when you sign up until October 15th, 2016. Your registration includes swag bag, t-shirt and an invitation to the Ludwigs Corner Horse Show Grounds food & festivities on Saturday, October 15 2016 from 11am - 3pm. Stop by the registration booth for your wristband.
See you at the Challenge where we strive together toward the finish line on the fast track to a cure.
This is a rain or shine event!
No refunds as this is a charity ride.
Event details and schedule
- Early registration is only $45.00 until July 31st, then $50.00 dollars until October 10th and $55.00 the day of the event.
- Ride begins and ends at Ludwigs Corner Horse Showl, 5 Nantmeal Road, Glenmoore, PA Registration opens at 7am.
- Three fully stocked rest stops for the Metric Century ride and 2 rest stops for the 45 mile ride ensure you can stay hydrated and keep your energy levels super charged for your ride.
- Commerative t-shirts while supplies last. No shirt option after September 27th.
- This is a rain or shine event. No refunds.
- MORE 101.1FM will be spinning the hits in the morning!
- Fund Raising Is Encouraged (because Parkinson's isn't going to cure itself). Prizes!
- Highest fundraiser wins a prize.
- Form a Team. Become a Team Captain and gather your family and friends to raise money and have fun at the same time.
- Join an Existing Team, just ask the Team Captain for the passcode or Register as an Individual Rider!
- Don't ride but still want to be a Parkinson's Hero? Sign up as a virtual rider! Highest fundraiser wins a prize.
Day of Event:
Registration starts at 7:00 am
8:00 am Metric Century: challenging, very hilly*
9:00 am 45-mile ride: very hilly*
10:00 am16-mile ride: hilly*
*Please note the ride support ends at 3:00pm so know your abilities & please plan accordingly. If you won't be back in time please let us know.
MORE IMPORTANT STUFF
The ride is on public roadways.
There may be last-minute adjustments to the routes depending on road and weather conditions. Distances are approximate. Cue sheets are not finalized until the day of the ride.
Helmets must be worn.
The rules of the road must be obeyed.
Waivers must be signed.
Rider support available throughout the ride.
Net Proceeds benefit Shake It Off for Parkinson's disease research.
Thank you for visiting!
For more information visit website at www.ShakeItOff4PD.org