Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
ASU West Campus4701 W Thunderbird Road Glendale, AZ 85306
Join the ASU Community for the 9th Annual Sparky's Challenge 10K, 5K and 1 Mile event!
Begin the week of homecoming festivities on the right foot with this family-friendly event for people of all ages and ability levels. Participants can choose to walk or run in any of the distances.
This is event is FREE to current ASU students, staff and faculty and only $15 for ASU affiliates, alumni and community.
ALL participants will receive a Sparky's Challenge Official Race T-Shirt and Finisher's medal.
Registration is required for ALL participants.
Can't make it to this year's event but still want to participate? We are excited to announce our Sparky's Challenge Virtual Race. A virtual race is a race that can be ran at any location. You can walk,use the treadmill, run outside or participate in another race. You can run your race at your pace wherever you like. All virtual race participants will receive a custom event finisher's medal and custom event dri-fit tech t-shirt. All you have to do is register above and we will mail you your gear after the event on November 17, 2019.
Virtual Registrations are restricted to US addresses only. If you reside outside of the US and wish to participate please contact StartLine Racing at firstname.lastname@example.org
What you Get!
- Custom Event Finisher's Medal
- Custom Event Dri-Fit T-Shirt
- Age Group Awards for Top Three in all Age Groups for the 10K and 5K (Race Day Participants only). Our age groups are the following:
- 8 & Under, 9 & 10, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 & Over
- Pre- and Post-Race "Runner's Snack" (granola bars, fruit, water, Gatorade, etc)
- Event managed by StartLine Racing. Club SLR discounts do not apply.
Event details and schedule
Race Day Information
Race Day Registration will be available beginning at 2:30pm at ASU West Campus (map).
We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day
- We accept cash, check, and credit cards on race day
Cost of registration on race day will be:
- 1M/5K/10K - Current ASU Faculty, Staff and Students - FREE
- 1M/5K/10K - ASU Affiliates, Alumni and Community - $15
Stroller friendly event!
No pets will be allowed at this event.
Packet Pick-Up Opportunities
You will have two opportunities to pick-up your race packet (bib, chip, event swag, etc):
Saturday, November 16th from 2:00 - 5:00pm at Sun Devil Fitness Complex on ASU West Campus (map).Sunday, November 17th starting at 2:30pm at ASU West Campus (race location)
November 16th 02:00 PM - Packet Pickup at Sun Devil Fitness Complex 2-5pm
November 17th 2:30 PM - Race Day Packet Pick-up and Registration Opens
November 17th 3:30 PM - 10K Race Begins
November 17th 03:45 PM - 5K Race Begins
November 17th 05:30 PM - Awards Begin (approximate)