Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Pinellas County, FLMultiple Locations Ft. De Soto Park, Madeira Beach, St. Petersburg, FL 33715
October 4: 6th Annual Ft. De Soto Distance Classic, Ft. De Soto Park 15K • 10K • 5K • Virtual
October 31: 12th Annual Florida Halloween Distance Classic, Ft. De Soto Park Halfathon • 10K • 5K • Virtual
December 6: 19th Annual Florida Holiday Distance Classic, Madeira Beach to Largo Halfathon • 10K • Virtual
PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the following Challenges are provided for your convenience. However, you can sign up for races in the Challenges individually as long as you use the EXACT same name on each registration – our scoring program reads Jennie Smith and Jennifer Smith as two different athletes. You can Register for any of our individual races through our website at www.FloridaRoadRaces.com. "As a new runner, I didn't realize how much I would grow in the sport by signing up for the series. Naturally, as I participated in each race I began to improve in my time, my control and learn what my body's needs to refuel are. I have learned so much about myself by simply signing up for the series of half marathons. I look forward to my third series this fall!" ************************ The Race Courses: The St. Petersburg Distance Classic courses are a scenic tour through St. Pete, from the sparkling waterfront, to beautiful historic neighborhoods, the trendy downtown, and the shaded Pinellas Trail - a rails-to-trails linear park. The Shamrock Distance Classic courses at Ft. De Soto are fast and flat. Made up of recreational trails and access roads in this beautiful state park, these races are great for setting PRs. The Ft. De Soto Distance Classic courses showcase the natural beauty of this Florida barrier island. Named the nation’s #1 Beach in 2005, you will run on flat, paved recreational trails (no sand!) with vast views of the tranquil Gulf. The Halloween Distance Classic courses are exactly the same as the Halloween Distance Classic courses. Measure your precise progress from March to October - perhaps you'll set some PRs! The Holiday Distance Classic course starts in Madeira Beach and ends at Taylor Park. You'll run through exclusive residential and commercial areas in our beach communities, along smoothly paved Pinellas Trail, and through shaded public parks. The Park Blvd. bridge adds some hill-work to your run or walk. Shuttle busses will bring you back from the finish line to the start line.
Event details and schedule
The 2020 STARFISH CHALLENGE REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
- Affordable entry fees and risk-free registration for early entrants
- Personalized bibs for early entrants
- Ladies' and Men's tech or tank shirts
- Disposable bib chip timing
- Scenic USATF certified courses
- Aid stations amply stocked with Gatorade, water, oranges
- Stunning Running Starfish medal for all individual race finishers
- Extra series completion bling: the 2020 Starfish Challenge Holiday Ornament
- Great post-race parties, featuring hot pasta, tasty pastries, cold beer, fresh fruit, soft drinks and live music
- Overall, Master, Grand Master and Age Group awards
- Virtual option for all races
- FREE parking at all Ft. De Soto races
- FREE shuttle services at the Holiday Distance Classic
FOR VIRTUAL ATHLETES
who would like to run or walk anywhere in the world on their own schedule and still earn one of our finisher's medals. Athletes who register for the entire series virtually will receive the series completion medal automatically.
There are no discounts offered for signing up early, as our virtual option is first and foremost, a fundraiser for those non-profits we support.
However, there are several benefits to signing up early for the entire series:
1) Registration service fees are minimized when signing up for the entire series at the same time.
2) Virtual athletes who register for the entire series will be the first athletes to be sent their finisher medals after each race.
3) Registering once is certainly more convenient than registering for each individual event.
For more race information, please visit our website at: www.FloridaRoadRaces.com.
Our simple goal is to exceed your expectations. Run on our roads, relax on our award-winning beaches!
Chris & Rya Lauber
Florida Road Races