Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Monocacy Village Park409 Delaware Road Frederick, MD 21701
Event: 4th Annual Fast & Furriest 5K Race/1M Walk: On Sunday, April 8, 2018, Operation Paws for Homes will be hosting its fourth annual Fast and Furriest Event at Monocacy Village Park in Frederick, Maryland. Our 2017 event attracted over 500 participants and raised over $14,000 for our organization. We have reviewed feedback from last year's event and have made the following adjustments:
- The walk is returning to a 1 MILE walk. This will save lots of time and enable us to get to the awards much sooner.
- There will be more water stations along the route, as well as, doggie waste containers
- We will have CHIPPED bibs for timing purposes
About OPH: Operation Paws for Homes (OPH) is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization, federal ID number 45-2785962. OPH is an all-breed dog rescue serving Maryland, DC, Virginia and southern central Pennsylvania consisting of a network of volunteers and foster homes. We do not have a facility nor do we receive funding from local, state or federal sources. We partner with high-kill shelters in the south in an effort to save as many dogs that, by no fault of their own, end up in the shelter waiting for someone to take them home. Many do not make it out of the shelter.
Since being founded in 2010, Operation Paws for Homes has rescued over 6,000 dogs from high kill shelters. Volunteers, fosters and supporters across Virginia, Maryland, DC and southern central Pennsylvania work together to find forever homes for well-deserved dogs who find themselves in shelters through no fault of their own. Many of our dogs are rescued just hours before their last breath might have been taken.
We know we can save more with your help. Find out how you can help - visit our site at www.ophrescue.org
Dedication: We are proud to be dedicating this event again to Anthony M. Capobianco and his family. This event brings joy, comfort and happiness to Anthony's family each year.
Anthony was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy at the age of 3 and by the time he turned 12, Anthony was wheelchair-bound.
We know that dogs touched Anthony’s heart deeply. He couldn't stand the thought of a dog being hungry, abused or without a good loving home. At OPH, we know this happens way too often and in places very close to home. Anthony gave his monetary gifts to organizations that helped dogs in need of help. Anthony passed away in March, 2015, at the young age of 36.
Providing safety, medical care and a forever home to rescued dogs, was one of Anthony's dreams. With this event, Anthony's dream continues to live on - saving dogs. We hope you can take a moment to say hello to Anthony's family and wish them well.
Thank you for supporting this event - it means so much to so many - for so many different reasons.
Timing: Racine Multisports is the official timer of this event.
Results will be posted on Racine's site after the event concludes.
Event details and schedule
- Course Map
- During construction on Monocacy Boulevard, the City of Frederick has instructed all races/parades to develop a special route to avoid Schifferstadt Boulevard. This year's course runs through the neighborhood of Dogwood Drive and uses the entire length of 16th Street - which connects East and Schifferstadt - and will be marshaled by OPH volunteers, as well as, professional traffic controllers/flaggers.
- Online registration closes at 8pm on Friday, April 6
- Day of race registrations will be accepted up to 9:30AM on race day
- Day of race registrations are $35
- Race Day - Sunday, April 8, 2018
Electronic check-in !
Participant's confirmation email contains a QR code. Bring it or have it up on your phone for fast check in.
- 6:30 am - race organizers arrive on site
- 7:30-8:30 am - vendors set up
- 8:45 - check in opens
- 9:30 - race day registrations CLOSED
- 9:45 am - check in CLOSED
- 10:00 - race begins
- 10:10 - walk begins
- 9:00-12noon - Visit vendor tables & enjoy food & beverages
Join us for the Fast & Furriest After Party at Barley & Hops in Frederick. Located at 5473 Urbana Pike, Frederick - across from FSK Mall
Dogs are welcome! Bring your pooch and let's relax together!
Parking: There is limited parking at the park but it is surrounded by neighborhood streets. Park along the streets without blocking driveways. It's a short walk into the park.
Timing Service: Racine Multisports is the official timing service for this event.
5k Race Prize Categories
Runners without Dogs
- Overall top female
- Overall top male
- 1st and 2nd place/male & female in
the following age categories:
Runners WITH Dogs
1st place - male & female - (the dog wins award, too!)
2nd place - male & female - (the dog wins award, too!)
3rd place - male & female - (the dog winsaward,, too!)