BFT5K is so much more than just another 5K; we are a community event that fosters patriotism and gratitude by giving participants the ability to put actual miles in our military’s boots.
Benefiting Families of Fallen Military & Veterans Through Medals of Honor
Grab your family, friends, coworkers, Church/Sports Club and lace up for our Military & Veterans! The BOOTS FOR TROOPS: 5K Ruck/Walk/Run is the perfect opportunity to show your patriotism, as well as your love and support for those who have or continue to serve in our Armed Forces. Additionally, your participation helps to fund ongoing “Medals of Honor” programs that honor the fallen and their families. So… dig out and lace up a pair of combat boots, work boots, or running shoes and support our warriors in uniform!
Build a fun and symbolic community event where people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities can come together in unity to show their support of our military both past and present and all those who serve our country and community including their families and first responders.
About Our Event
- All registered participants will wear a Fallen Hero Memorial Bib containing the name of a U.S fallen service member.
- Walk or Run in combat boots or running shoes
- Can’t make it in person? Participate Virtually Anytime / Anywhere with our virtual option. The virtual run opens 11/01/17 and runs the entire month of November. Funds for the virtual event supports sponsoring surviving family members and veterans to the 2018 Bataan Memorial Death March
- Battle of the Boots Ruck Competition for (JROTC, ROTC, First Responders, Military *military includes veterans and recruits)
- Club and Corporate Challenge teams with awards given
- Walkers, Runners, Families & Spectators Welcome!
- Running Shoes are welcome / Boots are encouraged (combat, hiking, work)
- FREE Family 1K Unity Walk / Parade
- Expo Area
- FREE special gift for the first 50 people who come to the check-in booth ready to participate in their boots.
- Event t-shirts for all pre-registration participants. (must be registered before 11/5/17)
- Beautiful finisher’s medals to all finishers.
- Trophies & prizes for winners.
Individual 5K Division:
You may walk or run in boots or running shoes. Everything is better with friends, join our Community Team Challange with your friends, church group, etc., or our Corporate Team Challange with your co-workers or nonprofit group.
Team Ruck Division:
is ONLY open to teams comprised of 2-4 people of any gender combination in the following categories:
Military Team (Veteran and Active Duty)
First Responder Team (Fire/Police/EMT)
Combat style boots & weighted packs are REQUIRED.
Packs must be a min of 25 pounds. You must visit the weight station before the start of the race. All team members must start and finish together as a team. Any teams starting and or finishing without the required equipment, without all team members present will be disqualified from awards. Teams and team members Can NOT change categories or divisions once registration is complete, no exceptions.
You must be registered on or before 11/5/17 to receive a race t-shirt
Event details and schedule
When: Saturday, November 18, 2017
- Where: Harlinsdale Farm: 239 Franklin Road -- Across from “The Factory” in Historic Franklin, Tennessee
- Why: To honor and thank our military past and present. To provide funding for nonprofit Medals of Honor programs
- Who: All ages and abilities are welcome
- Attire: Boots are encouraged but not mandatory - so lace up either boots or running shoes!
*(Military packs welcome but not mandatory)
- Parking: FREE inside the park grounds.
About the Course/Race Venue:
5K soft track (turf) and gravel road course
200 acres of rolling farmland
½ acre dog park
FREE Public Parking within the park
About Medals of Honor
OUR MISSIONHonor fallen military and the families they leave behind and heal the visible and invisible wounds of war through endurance sports and fitness for both surviving families and veterans.
We honor all branches, all deaths of death and all loss of life. Medals of Honor is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization ID #47-5273214
MEMORIAL BACK BIBS:
We travel to selected events across the country and hand out Memorial Back Bibs to individuals who wish to honor our fallen through their event. These bibs contain the names of our fallen warriors and are given at no cost to the racer or the family. Nothing is asked of the racer other than to wear the bib in honor & memory of the sacrifice.
Remembrance Packages give Americans a tangible way to thank and give back to the families that lost loved ones while serving our Military. Through Medals of Honor individuals can compete in endurance type fitness events as a way to honor fallen U.S. service members and donate their personal finisher’s medal to the surviving family. It doesn’t matter if they are walking their first 5K or racing a full Ironman Triathlon we welcome them to honor the sacrifice via their event. These individuals “racers” are welcome to send personal notes, letters, race swag or any other token they would like to the family to have. We repackage these items along with a handwritten note from our founder and mail them off to their fallen hero’s family. We enclose a card that gives the name, state, and event of the person who honored their loved one. These Remembrance Packages act as a physical reminder that their fallen loved one’s service, sacrifice and life in NOT forgotten; we remember!
The Enduring Heroes program funds potential athletes who are also Active Duty Military, Veterans or Surviving family members so that they may compete in endurance sports as a method of healing and growth. Medals of Honor will help cover the cost of: entry fees, coaching, equipment and travel expenses for these American VIPs!
Medals of Honor