Join us for the 9th Annual Covenant House Florida 5K on A1A!
The Race to Help Homeless Youth takes place Saturday, April 21, 2018 at 7am
- For more details, and route information visit: 5K on A1A
- Sponsorship opportunities are available or please call or email Cassie at 954-568-7916, 5KonA1A@covenanthousefl.org
- “Fund-Race” for Covenant House Florida – visit 5K on A1A to raise funds for homeless youth!
About Covenant House Florida and the race:
Since opening in September of 1985, Covenant House Florida provides both crisis shelter and walk-in services for runaway, homeless, trafficked and at-risk youth under the age of 21, including young mothers and their babies. Covenant House Florida has helped over 37,000 different kids providing them with food, clothing, shelter, medical services, counseling, GED preparation, parenting education, life skills, and job readiness training.
Our mission is to serve suffering children of the street and protect and safeguard all children. We work to provide children and young adults with the tools they need to have productive, hopeful futures. Your participation in this race allows us the opportunity to continue to serve homeless youth and young adults.
The 5K Run/Walk will start and end at the World Famous Parrot Lounge, located at 911 Sunrise Lane, next to Sunrise Boulevard and A1A. The route will feature a special path by the Covenant House Florida shelter where residents and staff members will cheer on the participants. Festivities will include a pre-race warm-up, race goodie bags, awards, and light breakfast. All proceeds from the event will benefit Covenant House Florida.
Entry fees for 5K on A1A Run/Walk:
- $25 - until Friday, April 13, 2018 (guaranteed t-shirt)
- $30 - Until Saturday, April 14 - Friday, April 20 (12PM) (guaranteed t-shirt)
- $35 - Race day Registration (NOT guaranteed t-shirt)
- Parrot Lounge - 911 Sunrise Lane, Fort Lauderdale FL
- Onsite registration 6:00am to 6:45am
Packet Pick up information:
**Attention: Packet pickup is valid at Running Wild and Runner's Depot with registrations made by 4/18/18 by 5:00PM!! ** We also allow registrations at the following packet pickup locations and times:
- Running Wild - Thursday, April 19th 11am - 7pm
- Runner's Depot (SouthPort Plaza-17th St) - Friday, April 20th 11am - 7pm
- Race Day - 6am - 6:45am (packet and t-shirt not guaranteed)
What runners will get for their entry fee:
- Placement medals, T-shirt, and providing homeless youth with hope and opportunity.
Event details and schedule
For more information visit www.5KonA1A.com. You can find more details regarding the race to support Covenant House Florida.
WildSide Online Inc.