We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, November 18, 2020.
This unique online experience is designed for the ultimate Broadway fan! The class will explore various facets of Broadway onstage and behind-the-scenes, focusing on a different topic each session. Session topics include performance, directing, casting, marketing, design, and much more. The class will feature exciting guest artists who are working professionally in these various roles. Don't miss this opportunity to learn all about Broadway directly from industry professionals! Open to all levels.
This class meets weekly on Zoom and has been specially designed to provide the best possible virtual experience for your child.
Meet your Guest Artists!
Syndee Winters: Broadway Performer
• NBC’s Live Jesus Christ Superstar
• Motown the Musical
• Nala - The Lion King
• LENA: A Moment with a Lady
• Debut Jazz vocal album Lessons: From A Lady, inspired by Lena Horne
Ken Cerniglia: Dramturg, Writer, Creative Executive
• Dramaturg - Hadestown
• Dramaturg - Peter & the Starcatcher
• Recent Literary Manager for Disney Theatricals where he developed over 60 titles for Broadway, National Tours including: Newsies, Freaky Friday, Aladdin & The Little Mermaid
• Adapted librettos for Disney JR versions - Beauty and the Beast Jr and Aladdin Jr.
• Recent past president of Literary Managers and Dramaturgs of the Americas
Brynn Williams: Broadway Performer
• Recently starred as Violet Beauregarde in the national tour of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
• Broadway: Spongebob Squarepants, the Broadway Musical (Swing, Sandy Cheeks U/S)
• Broadway Debut at age 12 in the original cast of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
• Other Broadway credits include: 13, Dr Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Bye Bye Birdie (2009 Revival)
Jodie Dellaventura: Scenic and Properties Designer
• Scenic and Properties Designer
• Scenic Designer for theaters including: Actors’ Playhouse, Zoetic Stage and Broward Stage Door Theater
• Props Designer for theaters including: Actors’ Playhouse & Gable Stages
Mary -Mitchell Campbell: Music Director, Music Arranger and Conductor
• Music Supervisor/Vocal Arrangements – The Prom
• Conductor/Key 3/Music Director/Vocal Arrangements - Mean Girls
• Conductor/Music Supervisor - Tuck Everlasting
• Music Director/Conductor: Finding Neverland, Big Fish, Addams Family, Company
• Music Director/Accompanist for Concert Performances: Kristen Chenoweth, Gavin Creel, Jonathan Groff
• Guest Conductor: Chicago, Cincinnati, Dallas, Nashville Symphonies
• Founder and Co-Executive Director of ASTEP (Artists Striving to End Poverty)
Gail Garrisan: Director and Acting Teacher
• Founding Artistic Director - City Theater
• Director for Regional and South Florida productions including: Gable Stages, Island City Stage and City Theater
• George Abbot Award for Lifetime Achievement in the Arts
• Assistant Acting and Directing Professor at New World School of the Arts
Jelani Remy: Broadway Performer
• Currently starring as Eddie Kendricks in Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of the Temptations on Broadway!
• Simba in the Broadway cast of The Lion King
• Toured with The Lion King and High School Musical
• Off-Broadway in Smokey Joe’s Café and The Apple Boys
• Jelani loves to teach theater education and performance to the next generation of artists
Eric Sciotto: Broadway Actor • Eric appeared in 12 Broadway shows, most recently starring as William Shakespeare in Something Rotten!
• On Broadway, he performed in Annie Get Your Gun, Aida, Sweet Smell of Success, Sweet Charity, 42nd Street, Cry-Baby, A Chorus Line, Pal Joey, Rock of Ages, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, and The Mystery of Edwin Drood.
• He is featured on 6 original Broadway cast recordings.
• His National Tour credits include A Chorus Line (Paul), Annie Get Your Gun (Tommy Keller), and Seven Brides...(Frank)
No refunds or credits for classes. All dates, times, teaching artists and instructors are subject to change.
6th - 12th