Intro to Drawing: Landscapes in Season Adults & Teens, 16+
Saturdays, 10:00 am - 11:30am EST
4 weeks, February 27 - March 20
In this beginning/intermediate drawing class, participants will develop their use of the elements of art through several design principles in landscapes. We will experiment with different drawing materials and blending tools during the course. We will explore several drawing techniques, including overlapping, perspective, and shading with values. Each artist is encouraged to work from references that inspire self and celebrate their own unique drawing style.
Previous drawing experience is welcomed, but not required for this course. Students will be responsible for purchasing their own supplies.
- Computer and/or Tablet with internet access and audio/video capabilities
- A source of natural light or a direct light is recommended.
- A sketch pad (12”x18” or larger); Graphite pencils (2B and Ebony); Charcoal Pencil or Compressed Charcoal; Kneaded Eraser and Blending Stump (Tortillon) or Chamois, a set of colored pencils (PrismaColor is recommended) with a soft core for blending and layering.
- Add email@example.com to your email contact list in order to receive important information before the class starts. Email is our primary method of communication to enrolled students.
- A $10 late registration fee will incur the Thursday prior to the program start date