- Campfire Cooking Tips for Foodies
- Plan the Camping Trip of Your Life
- 8 Best Sunscreens to Beat the Element
- 7 Reasons to Visit the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Different Types of Tents: Buy the Right One
- Have an Outdoor Urban Adventure When You’re Stuck in the City
- 10 Outdoor Adventure Apps for Your iPhone
- Outdoor Careers Guaranteed to be Your Dream Job
- The Fun Isn’t Over: Jump Into a Southern Hemisphere Summer
- The Art of Making Good Coffee on the Trail
- 8 Halloween Camping Spots Best for Paranormal Experiences
- Pterygium Causes, Care and Treatment
- What Is Canyoneering?
- Fall Workout Routines for Skiing and Snowboarding
- Get Your Gear Ready for Early Season Skiing and Snowboarding
- Pre-season Ski Exercises: Foot Fitness
Active.com Outdoors Editor
Christina Scannapiego is the Outdoors editor for Active.com. She is fanatical about getting her adrenalin pumping outside. Rain or shine, summer or winter, she spends all of her free time searching for the most uncrowded and untouched pieces of nature in which to play. The obsession began in childhood when she opted to get lost in the woods or go flounder fishing with her dad over fiddling around with any sort of Barbie collection.
Raised practically in the water and active in competitive sailing and team sports, she now commits most of her free time to surfing in cold or warm water, and has traveled the globe from Mexico, Costa Rica and Nicaragua to Fiji, the Philippines and Australia—even to Nova Scotia and Vancouver Island, Canada—in search of lush jungle, remote wilderness, pristine waves and not-so-traveled roads. She’s also an avid trail runner, stand-up paddler, and loves playing in the snow and hiking long distances (especially if there’s a waterfall or swimming hole involved). Her favorite place to sleep is on a distant beach or between giant tree trunks—namely redwoods.
Christina is also dedicated to practicing yoga, maintaining a healthy and sustainable lifestyle, protecting and embracing the ecosystems that surround us, and inspiring others to do the same. She’s always encouraging her friends, family acquaintances to join her on new adventures.