5d0f7525 abe8 4281 bcec 3daf213688bb

Move it Move it for Mateah 5k and Supply Drive hosted by Darbis Gate

Saturday, August 17, 2019
Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park E US Highway 20-26 EvansvilleWY  82636
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park E US Highway 20-26 EvansvilleWY  82636

About This Activity

     6th annual Move it Move it 4 Mateah 5k event was birthed after our beautiful daughter Mateah was diagnosed with a devastating and debilitating neurological disorder called Rett Syndrome. 

     Among other things, Rett has stolen Mateah's ability to walk independently, use her hands purposefully and talk. 

      10% of this years funds will be donated to our non-profit host, Darbi's Gate and the Remaining 90% will be allocated to Rett Syndrome research! 

     Rett Syndrome has been reversed in Lab models. Not just once, but over and over again! It's a matter of time before that success translates into a cure.....potentially "unlocking" the hundreds of thousands of girls who are locked in a body that refuses to listen.  We believe it will happen! 

     It is likely that Rett will be the first genetically cured brain disorder and 

It is thought that a cure for Rett Could lead the way to cures for other neurological disorders.  

     We Move It because she can't....

     We will Move It until she can!!!!!

     Move it Move it for Mateah


As a part of this years 5K, There will be a marked

“Silent portion“

of run To honor and remember those girls who now call heaven home. Rett is a devastating and viscous Disorder. A tidal wave of grief crashes over each and every time we hear of another child‘s Passing....there are just no words. 

This is our vain effort to say WE SEE....WE REMEMBER.....and WE WON’T STOP FIGHTING! 



In addition to the 5k, this year we are hoping to give back by holding a school and personal hygiene supply drive for a local non profit called Mimi’s House.  Mimi’s house offers support and housing for homeless teens In our community. 

 1 item or 20! lets Do what we do and support Mimi’s House while we get our Run oN!

Those who participate in the supply drive will receive a Move it Move it for Mateah sticker. Stickers will only be available for purchase Outside of supply drive so secure your while helping with this endeavor.


This years event will be held at a stunning and historic location: 

Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park. 

One lap around the scenic park will satisfy our 5k-ers senses!


music, bounce House and vendors will make this event more than just a run.......

Dress code is PURPLE!!!! 

Can't wait to see you there!!!!

Event details and schedule

Time line:


August 17,2019

Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park


7:00am registration opens


7:50 program announcements


8:15 run start 


Course for 5k one lap 


Waivers must be filled out for all participants regardless of age. 

Waivers can be electronically signed through the active.com registration or the day of event. 


*50/50 Raffle 


Dress code: PURPLE! 


Can't wait to see you there!

Organizer Info

Get ACTIVE on the Go

Couch to 5K®
Couch to 5K®

Couch to 5K®

The best way to get new runners off the couch and across the finish line of their first 5K.

Available for iOS | Android

Map & Direction

Edness Kimball Wilkins State Park E US Highway 20-26 EvansvilleWY  82636
Get Directions

Discuss This Activity

Browse Running