Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Waldameer & Water World220 Peninsula Dr. Erie, PA 16505
The one-mile course held at Waldameer Park is primarily on paved road and features 16 obstacles that involve pulling, pushing, carrying and navigating ramps. All obstacles are optional and can be completed by participants who are ambulatory or using a wheel chair, walker, etc. The fully accessible Adapted Course coincides with the 10-mile obstacle course, as the two courses meet up for a final obstacle and participants cross the finish line all together!
Event details and schedule
2020 Barber Beast on the Bay 9/12/2020
220 Peninsula Drive
Erie, PA 16505
- The start line and finish line are located at Waldameer Park. After entering Waldameer’s parking lot off of Peninsula Drive, follow signs for Adapted Course Parking toward Pavilion area.
- All Adapted Course participants are welcome to have a course buddy to go through the course with them at no extra charge. Many volunteers will also be at all of the obstacles to help.
- The course has water stations to stay hydrated, as well as an optional water obstacle.
- For the last obstacles, the 10 Mile Course participants will be merging onto the Adapted Course to buddy through the last obstacle for the grand finale and then onto FINISH TOGETHER!
- Every participant will receive a shirt prior to the start and a medal upon completing the course.
- All participants are invited to the “post-race party” where there will be a DJ as well as food and shop vendors in the Waldameer parking lot (near the finish line).
Participants must be 12 years of age by 9/12/2020 to register. Registration cost $25 per participant.
Participants must be registered by August 1, 2020 to be guaranteed a finisher shirt. If a participant registers after this date, we cannot guarantee a finisher shirt. Please choose your size carefully; shirt sizes cannot be exchanged once selected.
We cannot offer refunds under any circumstances; participants can transfer their registration until 8/31/20. If a registrant cannot participate or transfer their registration, their fee is considered a charitable donation to the Barber Foundation.