This activity is closed to further registration.
Thank you for interest in the Gingerbread House Competition. Deadline for registration is November 27th.
• Each entrant (solo or group) is allowed to submit one house.
• The use of gingerbread house kits are allowed to be used ONLY by solo entrants age 10 and younger or group entries where all participants are age 10 and younger.
• All gingerbread houses must be placed on a board base not exceeding 18”x18”. We suggest using ½” or ¾” plywood as your base. Cardboard bases will not be accepted.
• Please include your name and gingerbread house title on the bottom of the base.
• All gingerbread house entries must be in the form of a house.
• No artificial interior materials, such as Styrofoam, are to be used to construct or decorate the house.
• All gingerbread houses must be 100% edible. Non-edible support structure materials other than the baseboard may not be used. Non-edible decorations, like paint, ribbon, figurines, etc. may be used ONLY to decorate your base.
• Gingerbread house must be completed and brought to the Community Center by 4:00pm on December 4th. *Any gingerbread house arriving after the deadline will be disqualified from the competition*
Houses will be judge by people attending Holiday Festival & Tree Lighting. Judges will score the houses with the following categories in mind: overall appearance, difficulty, creativity/originality, and technique/skill.
Each person is allowed to place ONE vote for the gingerbread house that they believe is the best.
In the event of a tie, the gingerbread houses in a tie will be judged by Event Committee.
The winner will be announced after the tree lighting and arrival of Santa Claus. Winning house will be put on display at Forks Township Community Center until Christmas for all to appreciate.