First run in 1978, the Narrow Gauge 10 Mile is among Colorado’s oldest Memorial Day traditions. The event features both a ten mile and a four mile road race showcasing the Fort Lewis College rim, the Animas River Trail and some of the best views in Durango!
Finish line festivities include food, drink, music, awards, raffle prizes and more down by the Animas River at Santa Rita Park. Proceeds benefit the Marc Witkes Memorial Scholarship and FLC Cross Country.
Come run the Narrow Gauge and join the fun!
Event schedule and times
SAT, MAY 24
- 3:00pm to 6:00pm -- Packet pickup at Brown's Sport Shoe (842 Main Ave, Durango, CO 81301)
SUN, MAY 25
- 6:30am to 7:30am -- Late packet pickup at Santa Rita Park
- 7:45am -- Runner briefing at Santa Rita Park
- 8:00am -- 10 Mile Run start at Santa Rita Park
- 8:15am -- 4 Mile Run start at Santa Rita Park
- 11:00am -- Awards ceremony and raffle at Santa Rita Park