ripple run 5K/1K Virtual Race + Nonprofit ExpoMay 30, 2020 Organized by Run For It! Productions
Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Pebble Tossers’ 5th RIPPLE RUN 5K/1K + Nonprofit Expo moves to a VIRTUAL RACE on May 30, 2020. This new format allows for creativity and opportunities to “start a ripple" while you run.
Runners will select their favorite routes and start times and we'll throw in some fun prizes along the way! (See "Event details and schedule" for more information, including how to submit your time!)
Runners and walkers will receive a custom Ripple Run Spotify Playlist, a downloadable Bib, and a race-shirt with a Ripple Run reusable tote. REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED BY 5/22/2020 ARE GUARANTEED SHIRT SIZE.
***PLEASE NOTE*** We will send complete time submissions instructions via email as we get closer to race day. THIS EVENT IS ON THE RUN AND SEE GEORGIA GRAND PRIX AND IS POINTS-ELIGIBLE!
Event details and schedule
Location: your favorite route
Date: May 30, 2020 (**Please note** all times are EDT)
7:00 am - 12:00 pm: Start time
8:00: Instructor-led warm-up via Facebook Live
12:30: Submit times for awards (optional)
1:00: Nonprofit Expo kicks off via Facebook Live
2:30: Awards announced via Facebook Live
HOW TO SUBMIT TIMES
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 5/25/2020 and 5/30/2020 at 12pm in order to be eligible for a prize. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates! Please remember to stay safe while running outside by avoiding high-traffic areas and if you are running alone, make someone aware of your plans and running route.
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "ripple run 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in!
- If you wish to enter one of our contests, please submit a photo for proof as well as your time.
- We will post complete results by the end of the event and they will be sent out via email. Points / results for the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix will be posted as soon as possible.
We will give cool prizes including swag from Atlanta's smoothest band, Yacht Rock Revue in the following categories (instructions will be included in the time submission email:
- Best costume
- Biggest team
- Highest Elevation in your run
- Most unique route design
- Collecting the most trash on your run (plogging)
Overall male/female winners will receive prizes! We will also give awards to the overall Male/Female winner in the following categories;Age ranges: 50+ 30-49 18-29 12-17 11 under
PACKET PICKUP OPTIONS - May 29th from 10am-12pm at Big Peach Running Co. in Brookhaven, and May 29th from 1pm-3pm at Big Peach Running Co. in Marietta.
EVENT WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE AND NO RAIN DATE WILL BE ESTABLISHED. SWAG WILL BE MAILED OUT OR AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP BASED ON THE CHOICE YOU MADE WHEN REGISTERING.