We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Thursday, August 5, 2021.
Intermediate Swim Lessons are a combination of what used to be called Porpoise (Level 2) and Sharks (Level 3). This swim class will provide an engaging and challenging environment that will motivate each swimmer to learn and build on the skills they have already learned in the beginners class. Swimmers will be encouraged to be more water independent with support as needed by learning how to float on both their front and back plus swimmers will be introduced to the front crawl, elementary backstroke, scissor and dolphin kicks, survival float, diving, and treading water. An adult is required to be in the water with each participant throughout the duration of the swim lesson. Lessons may take place in water up to 5 feet deep. This group swim class is a four (4) to one (1) student to teacher ratio; each swim lesson session will consist of eight (8) thirty (30) minute classes unless stated otherwise.
- Adults and children over the age of 2 are required to wear a mask while inside the facility. Children 2 and younger will not be required to wear a mask. Masks can be removed as soon as participants are entering the water.
- All Beginner and Intermediate swim lessons will be taught Parent & Child style. An adult is required to be in the water with each participant throughout the duration of the swim lesson.
- Additional family members not actively involved in the swim lesson, including other parents and/or siblings, will not be allowed into the facility.
- Participants in the Advanced swim lesson are allowed to have one additional family member accompany them into the facility.
- All instructors will teach from the deck with a mask on throughout the duration of each lesson.
- Swim Lessons may take place in water up to 5 feet deep.
- Swim Lesson equipment will not be shared throughout the lessons, and will be sanitized prior to the start of the next lesson.
- Restrooms and showers within the locker rooms are not permitted for use. Please come dressed in your swim attire.
- Each Adult/Participant pair will be spaced out a minimum of 6 feet from other participants.
- You must preregister for swimming lessons. No drop in sign-ups will be taken.
- Practice social distancing of 6 feet or greater at all times.
- Participants will enter the facility through the front door and exit through the emergency exit gate next to lane 8.
- Please exit promptly after your lesson so staff have enough time to wipe down and disinfect surfaces before the next group of swimmers arrive.
- Please self-check prior to arriving to the pool. If you have a fever, cough, flu like symptoms or do not feel well please stay home.
Pat Granucci Aquatic Center at Pat Granucci Aquatic Center