Volunteers are an essential part of Detroit Swims You can make a tangible difference in the safety and well-being of Detroit’s children by volunteering with Detroit Swims—in the water, or out of the water! Volunteers help us to serve more children with every dollar that we raise. Simply put, our organization wouldn’t exist without the passion and dedication of our volunteers.
As a volunteer you can help a few times a week, or just a few times a year in the following ways:
- Teaching or co-teaching with staff
- Being an on-deck helper at a Swims site
- Driving the bus (Class B certification)
- Fundraising and marketing as part of our Detroit Swims Committee
- Collect swimsuits and donated gear from your friends and family, or at your business
- Fundraise for Detroit Swims with pool parties, bake sales, raffles at events, swim clinics, or selling Detroit Swims apparel
- Group volunteering opportunities can be arranged!
For more information about Detroit Swims visit: ymcadetroit.org/detroitswims
If you have additional questions regarding your role as a volunteer, about the YMCA, or would like to donate, please contact Jackie at email@example.com
*The YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of children in our programs. We hold all volunteers regardless of service project, to the highest possible standards. We require volunteers that are working with youth to be screened regularly and sign a code of conduct. All volunteers will be monitored when interacting with program participants. We rake any inappropriate interactions between program participants and with volunteers very seriously and will fully cooperate with authorities in any case of abuse.
$0.00 Program Membership