14 YEARS AND RUNNING!
The Chilli Challenge is the one that started it all.
The original race in what would eventually become the River Towns Race Series, the ‘Chilli’ is a central PA classic. Held at the Montour Preserve’s beautiful Lake Chillisquaque (our namesake), the Chilli combines biking some of the most scenic roads in Montour County with paddling the lake and running the lakeside trails.
Event details and schedule
START/FINISH: Montour Preserve Heron Cove, Sportsmans Rd, Danville PA 17821
(GPS Coordinates: 41.105433°, -76.652964°)
EVENT PARKING:same (free!)
MAXIMUM FIELD SIZE: 200 combined
(no day-of-race registrations)
COURSE TYPE: 19.3 mile bicycle, 2.2 mile paddle and 4.8 mile run (course maps online)
REGISTRATION DEADLINE:8/30 for t-shirts; 9/26 with no shirt (no day-of-race registration)
PACKET PICK-UP/CHECK-IN: 7:30am—8:45am
- Custom t-shirt (for those who register before 8/30)
- Full race support (aid stations, restrooms, volunteer/staff support, bike sag support, water rescue units)
- Free parking
- Bason coffee pre- and post-race
- Hot food post-race (no additional purchase necessary)
- Awards for overall individual male and female finishers, 2-person team, 3-person team and 4-person Ironman team
- Professional race management by the Montour Area Recreation Commission
- Professional chip timing by Falcon Race Timing
- Medical support provided by the Geisinger Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine program
- Kayak rentals and support available through Canoe Susquehanna
Maps, photos and more information available at:
Montour Area Recreation Commission