We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Monday, June 28, 2021.
Lap Swim at Giammona Pool
We look forward to serving the needs of the City of Daly City community by providing recreational activities consistent with relevant guidance and, most importantly, the safety of patrons and employees. Patrons and employees must comply with all social distancing and safety protocols set forth by the State of California, the County of San Mateo and the City of Daly City. As the State of California, San Mateo County and City of Daly City requirements permit further activities, we will expand lap swim consistent with those requirements.
The well-being of all patrons and employees is our top priority! To that end , we will continue to evaluate and revise our protocols as necessary based on the evolving nature of the state and local response to the global pandemic. We will make the changes necessary to maintain safety. Everyone is expected to abide by State of California, San Mateo County, and City of Daly City mandates which include, but are not limited to:
- Anyone having illness or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other viral illnesses must not enter or participate in programs at Giammona Pool.
- Anyone reminded to adhere to social distance requirements must be receptive and comply with anyone enforcing compliance.
- All participants are required to wear a face covering when entering the Giammona Pool at all times with the exception of in the pool.
- Any participant under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
We greatly appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this time of transition back to modified operations.
- The re-opening of Lap Swim during the COVID-19 pandemic is one swimmer per lane per time slot. No visitors or guests are allowed.
- The current Lap Swim is a “Swim and Go” policy during this time. Please refer to entrance and exit rules below.
- All reservations MUST be made in advance via our online ACTIVE reservation system at www.dalycity.org\iplay. Walk ins and guests are not permitted.
- The temporary fee for Lap Swim at Giammona Pool is $10 per person for a 30-minute time slot.
- No swim passes will be allowed during this re-opening period.
- Due to limited operating hours, there may be a limit to the number of reservations allowed per lap swim lane and week. Nine (9) swimmers are allowed per 30 minute time slot.
- Lap swimmers will be assigned a lane when checking in at the front desk.
- No refund or credit is available for Lap Swim reservations. Rescheduling is unavailable.
General COVID Rules
- Patrons may participate during their reservation time and in their designated space/ lane (30 min block) and must leave their space/lane after their swim time is expired.
- Patrons are allowed entrance into the facility 5-minutes prior to their pool reservation time.
- Face coverings are required indoors and outdoors except when swimming.
- Sneezing or coughing must be done into one’s elbow or cloth/tissue, which must be discarded in regular trash immediately after use. Wash hand s immediately after handling.
- Spitting is not permitted at any time.
- Congregating around the facility is not allowed.
- A minimum of 6 - feet or more physical distancing between individuals must be maintained in all areas of the facility.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to bring their own water bottle, towel, and swimming equipment.
- Individuals must keep all personal belongings and equipment with them or in their designated area.
- At this time, Giammona Pool will not provide users with borrowed equipment.
- Swimmers must avoid hanging on the wall for an extended period of time ; directly next to another swimmer.
Entry Check Instructions:
Lap Swimmers are allowed to bring their own equipment for lap swim.
Giammona Pool - Pool at Giammona Pool