We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Tuesday, March 2, 2021.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU REGISTER!
Register for an appointment in the shallow-end of the pool at the Covington Aquatic Center. For these pre-registration "Recreation Swims," six sections of the shallow area are physically divided and assigned to swimmers at check-in. We cannot guarantee specific space requests (i.e. for the deepest areas, middle, or shallower areas), but we will accept requests ahead of time by e-mailing email@example.com.
- Registration will be available online or over-the-phone.
- Reservations are for 25-minute increments.
- 5-minutes are required between sessions for transitions.
- Participants under the age of 6 require an adult from the same household in the water with them for safety and support; register using the child's name and then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the accompanying adult's full name.
- Booking 2 consecutive sessions, when available will increase time by 5-minutes, as no transition will be necessary in the middle, but there is no additional savings.
- Facemasks will be required for all participants at all times in the facility except while in the shower or in the pool, unless otherwise allowed by law.
- The locker rooms will be one-way travel only, and participants must come during their arranged time.
- Participants may not enter the facility more than 10-minutes prior to their scheduled water time.
- Participants may not enter the locker room until cleared to go.
- Participants should arrive in swimming suits (clothes may be worn over swimming suits, but locker room schedules will allow insufficient time to fully change).
- Participants may remove their outer clothing in the locker room, and shower, but all belongings should go onto the pool deck (nothing should be left in the locker room, as it is for entry to the pool deck only – no return trip!)
- Showers will be required for pool entry, but no showers will be available after exiting the water!
- Only participants with an appointment may enter the facility during our initial re-opening phases, due to capacity constraints and safety regulations.
- Spectators will generally not be allowed; exceptions must be pre-approved by an Aquatics Specialist, and will be granted as a reasonable accommodation, if needed to support an in-water participant. If you would like to request an exception, please e-mail email@example.com at the time of registration and no less than 72 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
- Siblings of registered participants and other children who will not be in the water during a given time may not attend as spectators.
- Capacity is being strictly limited, and we cannot provide supervision for unattended children.
- Participants must review the mandatory Safety Briefing prior to their scheduled appointment time
- Participants are required to have the current Participant Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 on file at the Covington Aquatic Center (this may be brought-in or completed on-site; must be completed by a parent/guardian for minor participants)
- Participants must complete a COVID-19 Screening to enter the facility
- COVID-19 Waivers, screening requirements, and other COVID-19 information is available at: https://www.covingtonwa.gov/aquatics/events_aquatic/covid19index.php
Activity Other Category
AQ - Recreation Swim