We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
Whether you’ve never before had the opportunity to act, you’re prepping for your middle or high school theatre program, or you’d like to increase your confidence, this class aims to equip young actors with new skills (or brush up old ones) so that they feel ready and excited to audition for shows in and around Corvallis. The class will focus on practical techniques, and it’s designed to get anyone up to speed for a dazzling debut on the stage. For ages 11-17.
This activity is eligible for our 2022 Summer Youth Scholarship!
Benton County has secured grant funding to provide emergency childcare and student assistance to low-to-moderate income residents. The county is partnering with the United Way of Linn, Benton, & Lincoln Counties and Sequoia Consulting to distribute these funds, which can be offered as full or partial scholarships for youth aged 0-18 whose parents fall into a low-to-middle income level as defined by Benton County. Youth must live in the county, and individual youth can be awarded up to the full cost of a qualifying program as long as they are registered prior to August 31, 2022. Scholarships are first come, first served and are based upon need and availability of funds.
How to Apply:
1. Fill out the P&R Scholarship Program Application (https://archives.corvallisoregon.gov/public/ElectronicFile.aspx?dbid=0&docid=1749434)
2. Fill out the Supplemental Application for P&R Summer 2022 Youth Scholarship Fund (https://archives.corvallisoregon.gov/public/ElectronicFile.aspx?dbid=0&docid=2771481)
3. Submit both applications (including copies of all documentation) by dropping them off at any Parks & Recreation facility or emailing them to PRreception@corvallisoregon.gov
4. Staff will review your application and documentation, and you will be notified of approval by phone or email within 5-10 business days.
5. Once approved, please register for programs by phone or at a Parks & Recreation facility. Online registration is not available for scholarships.
Please contact the Majestic Theatre Business Office at 541-758-7827 about any scholarship questions you may have!
Majestic Theatre Rehearsal Room