Little Guild Run & Wag 5KThe Connecticut Doggie Cup
"Crowning the top dog/human teams in CT and beyond! "
The race is open to humans running or walking with or without dogs. To keep everyone (and every dog) safe, special rules apply for those running with a dog (See the dog rules section).
Proceeds from the race will benefit the Little Guild in their efforts to rescue, care for and rehome animals in need.
RAISE AT LEAST $100 AS A FUNDRAISING RUNNER AND GET A FREE LITTLE GUILD CAP!!
The Course is a hand measured 5k (3.1 miles) with Professional Chip Timing/Results by Greystone Racing
Event details and schedule
Where: Cornwall Town Hall, Pine Street, Cornwall, Connecticut
When: Saturday, October 14, 2017
Activities start at 10am
5k Run/Walk Starts at 12 Noon
Entry Fee: $25
Registration: Online registration via Active.com until october 12th. Race day registration and packet pickup from 10:15 am until 11:30 am on the Cornwall Green.
Course: Out-and-back 5k (3.1 miles) through Cornwall Valley with stunning views of surrounding mountains during foliage season. This is a relatively flat course so expect a fast time while running through this bucolic New England valley. USATF Certified Course.
Dog Rules: We strongly suggest that both the owner and dog train for this event, if you don’t already run. Runners, start conditioning yourselves and your dog for at least a few weeks leading up to the race. You should inspect your dog’s pads for signs of injury (cuts and wear) and be careful in warmer weather (carry water, keep runs short, watch your dog for signs of stress). Talk to your veterinarian if you have any concerns. We recommend jogging on trails or other locations where people run with their dogs, to acclimate your dog to running in a pack with distractions.
Rules for doing the race with your dog- Limit one dog per person.
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old and up to date on vaccinations.
- Please only bring dogs that are well-behaved around other dogs and people.
- Dogs should be kept on leashes throughout the event.
- Leashes should be no longer than 6 feet
- Please keep it short at the start to avoid entanglement.
- No retractable leashes, which may be hazardous in a crowd.
- No dogs in heat.
- No choke, pinch, or spike collars.
- Runners 16 years and under participate at the discretion of race officials.
- Please clean up after your dog.
Little Guild of St. Francis