Run, walk, or cheer alongside UTA PIPPIG -- world-renowned long-distance runner and fitness motivator -- and our Honorary Chair for the 12th consecutive year! All proceeds support education and preservation at one of America's oldest and most authentically-preserved historic house museums.
The professionally-timed 5K and 10K runs for Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House take place on fast, well-marked courses that wend their way through Historic Concord at the start of Fall Foliage season.
With ample water stations and healthy snacks provided prior to step-off, you'll really enjoy participating! Top three finishers in each age category along with the overall male and female champions receive awards.
Our event also features favorite Boston-area musical talent, "The Rusted Bucket Band," offering lively entertainment, Living History portrayers with 19th Century toys and games, and the Alcott School playground. Members of The Concord Minute Men will be on hand to fire a thrilling starting volley.
Post-race fun food and sweet treats available to all participants. Uta Pippig will gladly pose for pictures and chat, so bring family, friends, and colleagues to share in the fun and excitement!
Youngsters in strollers, wheelchair participants, and leashed dogs always welcome. Team registration available. Fundraising encouraged, but not required.
Event details and schedule• Held rain or shine
• Free parking available on the grounds of Alcott Elementary School; carpooling or use of the MBTA Purple Line (Fitchburg) commuter rail strongly encouraged
• Pre-registration check-in begins at 9:30 am; please be sure to pick up your Bib # prior to 10:45 at a check-in table
• Restrooms located inside Alcott School
• Assemble at 10:45 am at your Start line on Laurel Street; step-off begins at 11 am
• For safety, any participants with wheelchairs, strollers, bicycles, and/or leashed dogs must gather at the back of their event category
• Please make sure you have completed registration for yourself as well as any children under age 18 you are responsible for; signed waivers must be on file for all participants
Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, Inc.