The 9th annual Palmetto Half Marathon will be held at the Village at Sandhill. It’s not just a race but an event to strengthen and support our community. Last year we had over 1500 participants and this year we hope make the event even bigger and better for our runners and walkers. In addition to outstanding participation over the past six years, the event has donated more than $160,000 to local charities and ministries
The out and back course takes runners through parts of Northeast Columbia including The Woodland’s and Wildewood neighborhoods. Water stations are positioned approximately every 2 miles along the course. There will be bathroom facilities along the course as well as a First Aid tent that will be located near mile 4 and mile 9. Click HERE to view the Half Marathon Course Map.Youth Half Marathon
What better way to get your child active than to have them run a half marathon! Here's how our Youth Half Marathon will work:
- Each child will register online through the normal registration process.
- Print a copy of the ACTIVITY LOG found here.
- Run/walk 1 mile per week for the 12 weeks prior to April 7, 2017. You can do this in increments or a full one mile at a time, it's up to you. If you miss a week, be sure to make it up so that you complete 12 miles prior to race day.
- Log your miles on your activity log each week.
- Bring your activity log and a signed waiver with you on race day (Friday, April 7) to vouch that you completed 12 miles.
- On race day, you'll run 1.1 miles to complete the 13.1 distance of a half marathon (participants will need to be able to finish 1.1 miles in less than 30 minutes).
The course takes runners through the Village at Sandhill, out onto Clemson Rd., down the ramp to Two Notch Rd. and right back up the on-ramp to Clemson Rd, then turn left at the first entrance into the Village and finish at the fountain. Water stations are positioned approximately every mile along the course. There is a First Aide tent at the finish line as well as restrooms. Click HERE to view the 5K Run/Walk course map.
Kids' Fun Run
The Kids' Fun Run is for kids under the age of 10 and will start behind the fountain at the center of Village at Sandhill and will run around the small loop. This is an easy, flat course that will have lots of people cheering on the kids as they run! After the race they can enjoy plenty of kid friendly activities such as a bounce house, face painting, balloon art and much more! Click HERE to view Kids' Fun Run course map.
Event details and scheduleRules
- No refunds!
- Half Marathon participants can change to the 5k run/walk until April 7th. No refunds will be given if you move from the half to the 5k.
- Half Marathon participants under the age of 18 must bring signed waiver on race day with parent or guardian's signature to be qualified to run.
- Race course will close at 11 a.m.
- Kids' Fun Run participants must be 10 and under day of race and Youth Half Marathon participants must be 14 and under.
- Runner friendly race! Head phones and strollers welcome (but no dogs)
- Rain or shine!
Timing is done by the Chip Timing System.
What do you get?
- Finisher's medal (half marathon only)
- Custom designed t-shirt
- Food and drink to refresh at the finish line
- Kids activities the day of the race
- Points for Palmetto Grand Prix for those who qualify (half marathon only)
- Early packet pick up
- Chip Timing System
- Discounts and promotions from area businesses in race packet
- Satisfaction of knowing you helped build a stronger community!
The following award categories will be given for both the Half Marathon and 5K:
- Top 3 Male
- Top 3 Female
- Top 3 Male Masters
- Top 3 Female Masters
- Top 3 male and female in each age group
- 14 and under
If you would like to get your school involved, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eggplant Event Productions