Run with a Firefighter!
The Second Annual 4 Miles in the Forest trail run/hike, hosted by Black Forest Fire/Rescue, takes place on a scenic loop course at 6:30pm on Friday, June 17, 2016. It starts at the Black Forest Section 16 trailhead parking lot on Burgess Road between Herring Road and Vollmer Road in beautiful Black Forest, CO. The race winds along a dirt path up and down small hills with periodic breathtaking views of Pikes Peak. Black Forest Fire/Rescue firefighters in their wildland firefighting uniforms will participate in the race. Join us!
Event details and schedule
- Race starts at 6:30pm on Friday, June 17, 2016
- $25 registration fee
- Course: loop on dirt trail
- Parking: LIMITED! Please carpool if possible
- Packet pick up available June 17 9am to 4:30pm at Black Forest Station 1 (11445 Teachout Rd) OR at the trailhead starting at 5:30pm on Friday, June 17
- Each participant MUST sign the race waiver to participate. Parents must sign for their children under age 18
- T-shirts included if registered by June 8, 2016. First come, first serve after June 8.
- There will be 1 water station on the course. Please be sure to bring your own water for before and after the race
- Weather in Black Forest can change quickly. Please check the weather and dress appropriately!
- Baby strollers: the race is on somewhat improved dirt trails. Take extra care if you choose to push a stroller
- *NO DOGS, PLEASE!!!*
- NO bicycles or motorized vehicles
- Please help us keep Black Forest Section 16 beautiful and clean: clean up after yourself and STAY ON THE DESIGNATED TRAIL!
- Special thanks to race timing sponsor Colorado Running Company and to race awards sponsor Bowen Pottery!
Black Forest Fire/Rescue