Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Jared Eliot Middle School69 Fairy Dell Rd Clinton, CT 06413
The Clinton Chamber of Commerce and Shoreline Community Women, Inc. will host the 22nd Annual Steward's Ace Hardware Bluefish 5K Road & new to the event this year is the "Lickety Split" Kids Fun Run for children 8 and under on Saturday August 17, 2019.
The 5k (3.1-mile) USTAF # CT15024JHP certified race course begins and ends at the Jared Eliot Middle School, 69 Fairy Dell Road in Clinton. Start time is 9:15 a.m., with race day registrations beginning at 7:15 a.m. Mile markers will be measured as such from the course certification. There are several water stations along the route. Last year’s race drew over 300 entrants. Please, NO dogs or animals are allowed in the race.
The "Lickety Split" Kids Fun Run will be held behind the Jared Eliot Middle School on the athletic field. Start time is: 8:45 a.m.
The Clinton Police Department will be closing the 5K race route to all vehicular traffic between 9:00 a.m. & 10:15 a.m. to provide a safe run for the runners & walkers.
Free parking is available at The Joel School and Peters Complex on Glenwood Road, less than one mile from the Jared Eliot Middle School race site. FREE shuttle buses will run continuously from 7:30 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. Buses will resume running again following the end of the race.
The race includes a certified track, free bag check in, swag bags, and multiple vendors on site included pre and post race massage.
Early Bib and Bag Pick Up will be available on Friday, August 16th at Sound Runner, 238 Main Street in Old Saybrook, CT from 2:00 to 6:00pm!
Race ceremonies and refreshments begin at the conclusion of the race. For more information, contact the race coordinator at the Clinton Chamber of Commerce (860) 669-3889.
After the race and race ceremonies Scottish Dave's Pub, 24 East Main Street in Clinton will provide a free beer or soda and a discounted menu to any runner with their bib. Children are welcome and bands will start playing at 5:30pm.
On-line registration closes on Wednesday, 8/14/2018 @9:00 p.m. If you wish to register for the race after this date please feel free to stop by the Clinton Chamber of Commerce Office, contact the Chamber or register on race day.
The Clinton Chamber of Commerce & Shoreline Community Women are making all efforts to be environmentally friendly. Therefore, we are eliminating all paper applications and mailings.
All communications will be made via e-mail. We would love for all of our participants to stay up to date on our future events; please provide your e-mail address for info on the 2020 Bluefish 5k Road Race!
Event details and schedule
• Date: Saturday, August 17, 2019 (Rain of shine)
• Location: The Jared Eliot Middle School, 69 Fairy Dell Road, Clinton, CT 06413.
• Registration: Opens at 7:15 a.m.
• Parking: Is FREE & available at The Joel School and Peters Complex on Glenwood Road less than one mile from the Jared Eliot School race site. FREE shuttle buses will run continuously from 7:30 a.m. until 8:45 a.m. Buses will resume running again following the end of the race.
• The "Lickety Split" Kids Fun Run start time is: 8:45 a.m. behind the Jared Eliot Middle School on the athletic field. Children 8 & under. All participants can not participate in both races, earn a prize/no winners & do not receive a t-shirt. Must have a guardian present at all times. There will be children's activities following the fun run. Adult supervision required.
• The 5k (3.1-mile) road race start time is 9:15 a.m.
• PLEASE: NO dogs or animals are allowed in the race & all animals on premises must be leashed and attended to at all times.