The 6th Annual ROCC 5K will once again lead runners along the mostly flat, fast, and straight course of Lewisville-Clemmons Road. The Annual ROCC (River Oaks Community Church) 5K has year-over-year been the perfect event for your first 5K or for setting a new personal record. Enjoy the unique race offerings of FREE childcare, FREE race photos, and a FREE kid's fun zone, as you help to ROCC the Crisis Control Ministry of Winston Salem.
Event details and schedule
DATE: Saturday, May 13th, 2017
TIME: 5K begins at 8am, Half-Mile Fun Run begins at 9am
LOCATION: River Oaks Community Church, 1855 Lewisville-Clemmons Road in Clemmons, NC
WHERE TO REGISTER:
- NOW at Active.com until Wednesday, May 10th at 11:59 pm
- FLEET FEET SPORTS located at 278 Harvey Street in Winston-Salem until Thursday, May 11th at 12:00 PM (Noon).
- ROCC CHURCH OFFICE Monday-Friday during office hours until Friday, May 12th
- ROCC WELCOME CENTER on Sunday mornings through May 7th.
- PACKET PICKUP on Friday, May 12th from 5-7pm at River Oaks Community Church (ROCC).
- RACE DAY* from 7-7:30am at ROCC. Fee will be $35 in cash or check only on this day.
*Time chips guaranteed until 7pm on Friday, May 12th. Race shirts cannot be guaranteed if registering on Race Day.
5K: $20 now through April 23 (Early Bird)
$25 April 24 through May 6
$30 May 7 through May 12
$35 on May 13 (Race Day) until 7:00am
KID'S FUN RUN: FREE
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES:
Technical shirt, FREE childcare, FREE race day photos available for download, and a family friendly post-race celebration.
FREE CHILDCARE: Free childcare will be provided on Race Day from 7:15am-9am. Please indicate the ages of the children you plan to bring for childcare (ages infant through preschool).
If both parents are participating, only show the total number of children under one registration to avoid double counting. Childcare registration forms must be filled out during Packet Pickup on Friday night, May 12th.
FRIDAY NIGHT PRE-RACE SPAGHETTI DINNER: On Friday, May 12th, the ROCC Youth will be hosting a Pre-Race Spaghetti Dinner from 5-7pm in the gymnasium at River Oaks Community Church. The cost of each is dinner is $5 at the door. All dinner proceeds will support the ROCC Youth summer missions.
During this time, race packets may be picked up and childcare registration forms can be completed in the coffee bar area.
PARKING: Event parking at West Forsyth High School
- Top 3 overall top male and female finishers
- Overall top male and female master, 40+
- Awards for male & female finishers in the following age divisions: 9 and under,10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Course record award ($100 or equivalent)
- Male - 15:59 Female - 17:41
PACKET PICK-UP will be held at ROCC on the following days ONLY:
Friday, May 12th - 5:00pm-7:00pm
Saturday, May 13th (Race Day) - 7:00am-7:30am
Contact David Holcomb at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (336)766-0033
LIKE our facebook page to stay informed: https://www.facebook.com/ROCC5k
River Oaks Community Church