The St. Croix Coral Reef Swim attracts fitness swimmers competing for fun, as well as world-class open water athletes. Swimmers as young as 11 years old and as senior as 75 years old are among the race contestants. The 2022 26th anniversary Coral Reef Swim is Sunday, N0vember 13, 2022.
The event includes a one mile, two-mile and a five-mile race through turquoise water and colorful coral reefs, both ending at The Buccaneer’s palm-lined beach where a steel band and refreshments await. The one-mile and the two-mile race follow the shoreline of St. Croix’s east end, and the five-mile race begins at Buck Island, a living coral reef designated an underwater park by the U.S. National Park Service. With three distances to choose from, the Coral Reef Swims offer an experience for all level of swimmers
Event details and schedule
2022 Coral Reef Swim Race Day Schedule
MANDATORY Race check will be available in The Buccaneer Lobby during the following times:
Friday, November 11th: 7:30-10 AM or 4-6 PM
Saturday, November 12th: 7:30-10 AM
Sunday, November 13th , 2022:
- 6 AM at The Buccaneer Lobby or in front of the Mermaid Restaurant: Taxi’s begin to leave to bring swimmers to race marking at Green Cay
- 6:15 AM at Green Cay Marina: Five Mile Race marking begins. Swimmers should arrive no later than 6:20 AM if arriving on their own.
- 7:30 AM at Buck Island: Five Mile Race Start: The Five Mile race will start from Buck Island.
- 8 AM at the Mermaid Restaurant: Two Mile swimmers Race Marking: Two Mile swimmers will meet at the Mermaid Restaurant for race marking. Taxis will leave for the race start at approx. 8:15.
- 8:30 AM at the Mermaid Restaurant: One Mile swimmers Race Marking: One Mile swimmers will meet at the Mermaid Restaurant for race marking. Taxis will leave for the race start at approx. 8:45. PLEASE DO NOT SHOW UP BEFORE 8:25 so that there is no confusion between one and two mile swimmers.
- 8:45 AM at Pull Point: Two Mile Race Start: The Two Mile race will start from Pull Point
- 9:00 AM at Shoys Beach: One Mile Race Start: The One Mile race will start from Shoys Beach.
- 9:15 AM at Mermaid Beach : Swimmers in all three races begin finishing the race.
- 10:30 AM at the Mermaid Restaurant: Picnic boxed lunches available to take and go.
- 12:00ish-1:15 PM: award show