The 4th annual Hyde Park Breast Cancer 5K Run/Walk takes place on a scenic, lake front course during the peak of autumn. It starts in the Harold Washington Park, which is located near the corner of 53rd & Hyde Park Blvd., and goes over the pedestrian overpass and north along the run path down to 43rd, then turns around and heads back to the Harold Washington Park. The course is 5K. The event also includes live entertainment. And, the course is USATF certified. Individual and team registrations are welcome.
Net proceeds from this event benefit breast cancer research awareness programs and breast cancer research.
Event details and schedule
- Registration begins at 7:00 AM.
- Event start time is 8:00 AM.
- Take public transportation, Uber/Lyft, or drive and park along the street (there is a parking garage on 52nd & Lake Park, price to park may be over $15 depending on length of stay).
- No strollers, dogs or roller blades allowed for the 5K race.
- If inclement or extreme weather occurs, race may be canceled (decision to cancel will be made by race director).
- No refunds will be issued for event being cancelled due to weather or other acts of nature.
- No pre-event day packets will be distributed (all information and registration will be handled via this website and in-person at the event).
Cancer Research and Awareness NFP