The Devil's Aquathlon is a tough swimming and running challenge which raises funds for two charities and is designed for competitors aged 19 and above (17 and above for shorter swim distance) who enjoy a personal or team challenge. The event starts with a 2km swim in the lidos 50m main pool. The heating to the main pool will have been turned down at the end of our summer season (Monday 30th September) and the water temperature will be around 20C. Wetsuits are advisable but not mandatory. Competitors then run out of the lido and up to the Devil's Chimney on Leckhampton Hill and then return to finish in the lido grounds, a round route of 10km.
The event is managed in partnership with Sandford Lido Ltd (Registered charity #1052203) and Cobalt Unit Appeal Fund (Registered charity #1090790) www.runforcobalt.co.uk
Please note: The deadline for entries and alterations for this event is 11:59pm on Saturday 19th September. No refunds, transfers or cancellations after Saturday 22nd August.
Event details and schedule
Event promo video - http://youtu.be/H0WFvfZBDEg
- Wave starts will be used. It is a morning event with start times between 9am and 11am.
- Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the run route so you know where you are going on the day. A map of the route is available at http://bit.ly/NnRBfF
- All applicants must be aged 19 years or over.
- Persons with a good level of fitness should only participate in this event. The run section includes a cross country element over very uneven terrain, we recommend sturdy footwear. Entry is entirely at your own risk.
- Prizes awarded for to first placed male, first placed female and first placed team.
- Chip timing including splits for transition and half way run point.