We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
Spend the evening paddling the edges of McDowell Nature Preserve. Get a chance to view the setting sun over Lake Wylie with our experienced instructors. Understand the history of Lake Wylie and meet new people in a fun environment. No walk-ins accepted. Pre-registration required.
Per the revised Proclamation approved by the Mecklenburg County Board of County Commissioners on June 1, 2021, Park and Recreation will follow the guidelines set forth regarding the wearing of face coverings in and around Park and Recreation facilities:
1. Any individual who desires to do so may wear a face covering in all indoor and outdoor Park and Recreation facilities.
2. Non-fully vaccinated individuals, adults and children, should wear a face covering inside County facilities and outdoors if in large gatherings and/or unable to socially distance.
3. Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a face covering indoors or outdoors regardless of if social distancing is possible, except for the following situation:
- Indoor settings that primarily serve children including camps and other programs for participants under 18. All participants involved in or near such programs must wear a face covering.
- This includes programs conducted by agencies other than Park and Recreation but within Park and Recreation facilities.
Please bring a towel, sturdy footwear that can get wet and dress appropriately for the weather. Please bring your own water bottle and snacks. Must be able to paddle for an extended period of time.
5- Adult (Ages 18+)
McDowell - Waterfront Programming Area at McDowell Nature Center