The competitive wheelchair division abides by WTFUSA rules and follows the point-to-point 10K from Mt. Pleasant to downtown Charleston. We ask all racers provide written/ e-file verification of an official 10K finish under 45 minutes within the last year to qualify for the race. E-files can be sent to Kim.Aquino@rsfh.com .
A limited number of hotel accommodations may be provided to athletes only. While we welcome families, we cannot provide hotel accommodations. Please contact the Wheelchair Coordinator, Kim Aquino Kim.Aquino@rsfh.com , 843-724-2811.
Hotel Address: DoubleTree by Hilton Charleston Mount Pleasant
1330 Stuart Engals Blvd., Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464 (843) 352-5100
- Airport Pick-up: Available upon request
- Packet Pick-up: Friday, April 1, 2022
- Pre-Race Dinner - light meal provided, attendance is highly encouraged to get last minute details for the event
- There will be no race day registration or packet pick-up
- Athletes that make hotel and/or transportation arrangements that are a “no show/no call” by 3/25/2022 will be financially responsible for the charges that occur.
Event details and schedule
The Wheelchair Division provides transportation to and from the event for athletes, families, and volunteers.
- Race Day transportation from Hotel Conference Room Lobby at 5:00 AM
- The race starts at 7:25 AM, staging at 7:10 AM
- Everyday chairs will be taken to the finish line / staging area
- Awards Ceremony starts at 10:00 AM in Marion Square. Awards will be given out at ceremony, but prize money will be mailed to winners. (W-9 must be submitted prior to the race)
- Athletes, families, and volunteers typically return to hotel immediately following the awards ceremony
Prize Purse: $6,700
Overall Male 1st $1,000, 2nd $600, 3rd $400, 4th $200
Overall Female 1st $1,000, 2nd $600, 3rd $400, 4th $200
Masters Male 1st $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $200
Masters Female 1st $500, 2nd $300, 3rd $200
Quad Male/Female 1st $300
- Course Record Bonus $1,000