Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Centurion Rugby Club270 West Ave, Die Hoewes, Centurion, 0157 Centurion, South Africa 0157
The Wally Hayward Marathon is a tribute to one of South Africa’s greatest ever athletes that has been a fixture on the road running calendar for the past 41 years - run on Workers Day.
The Wally was first run on 30 June 1977 over 42.2 km, starting & finishing at Hoërskool Verwoerdburg. A 21.1 km, 10 km, 5km fun run and a 1 Km kiddies run were later added. From 2018 the Wally will start and finish at Centurion Rugby Club (adjasent to Super Sport Park), in Centurion.
In 2018 the event will have a new home, at Centurion Rugby Club (next to Super Sport Park) The venue is more spacious. is easily accessible from all directions and has multiple parking areas.
According to Runner’s World magazine, the Wally is the third largest marathon in South Africa. Approximately 11 000 athletes participated in 2017 and even more are expected in 2018. We will however cap the entries to ensure quality and value for money.
Event details and schedule
- Start Times:
- 42.2km - 6:30
- 21.1km - 6:30
- 10km - 6:45
- 4.9km - 7:00
- 1km - 9:00
- Entry fees
- The 21.1km and 42.2km will be pre-entries only, and can only be done online.
- R160 for the full marathon (plus R30 for a Temporary License if you are not a member of a running club and were issued with an ASA License).
- R120 for the half marathon (plus R30 for a Temporary License if you are not a member of a running club and were issued with an ASA License).
- R90 for the 10km run (plus R30 for a Temporary License if you are not a member of a running club and were issued with an ASA License).
- R30 for the 4.9km fun run(online) and R40 on the day.
- R20 for the 1km kiddies run.
- Premium quality T-shirts
- Premium quality, 42nd edition, Technical T-Shirts will be on sale online. We will also have a limited number of T-shirt for sale at pre-registration as well as on race day, while stocks last.
- A new medal will be awarded to each finisher of the 4.9km, 10km, 21.1km and 42.2km event, within the cutoff time, limited to 13 000.
- Number and T-shirt Collection (Pre-Entries)
- Pre-entry packs can be collected at the race venue on Saturday 28 April, Sunday 29 April as well as on Monday 30 April 2018 between 11h00 - 16h00, as well as on race day (Tuesday 1 May 2018) from 04h30 to 06h15.