This year is the 34th running of the Lake Chabot Trail Challenge. The course is a scenic, hilly loop, mainly on dirt fire roads. The ridgeline views look down upon scenic Lake Chabot, surrounding grassy slopes, and eucalyptus groves. Mt. Diablo and San Francisco Bay is visible along the route. There are five water stations with first aid and radio support; we recommend bringing your own hydration as well. The half marathon has a time limit of 3.5 hours.
The 5k (3.1 miles) course has gentle rolling hills and consists mostly of paved surfaces. This route includes one water station with first aid and radio support.
Both races are chip-timed. High quality t-shirts for the first 400 participants. Finisher's medals to those who complete their race. Age division medals given to the top 3 in each of the 13 age divisions in the half marathon. Medals given to the top 3 in each of the age divisions in the 5K.
- January 1 through Thursday June 1, 2017: $50 for 1/2 Marathon; $35 for 5K.
- Please note: registration fees are non-refundable.
Race day registration beginning Friday, June 2 2017: $65 for 1/2 Marathon, $40 for 5K.
The Lake Chabot Trail Challenge is the second event of the East Bay Triple Crown. Our sister events are the Tilden Tough Ten (10 miles, May 21) and the Woodmonster (8.4 miles, June 25) Trail Races. Participate in all 3 and become master of the East Bay Hills! For more information please visit our website at: http://www.eastbaytriplecrown.com
Please note that due to construction work on the West Shore Trail, both races will have new routes. These are shown in our photo gallery.
Event details and schedule
- Race day is Sunday June 4 2017, 8:00am. Bib pickup and race day registration begins at 6:30am.
- Both races start near the Lake Chabot Marina. The half Marathon will start at 8:00am and the 5k will start at 8:30am.
- Please be prepared to share the roads and trails with cyclists, pedestrians, and other runners.
- Parking fee in the Lake Chabot lot is $5 per vehicle. Street parking is available but the closer spaces tend to fill up early.
- Both races are chip-timed.
- High quality t-shirts for the first 400 participants.
- Finisher's medals to those who complete their race.
- Age division medals given to the top 3 in each of the 13 age divisions in the half marathon.
- Medals given to the top 3 in each of the age divisions in the 5k
Castro Valley Track Club