Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Festival Park200 Wilcox Street Castle Rock, CO 80104
REGISTRATION ONLINE CLOSES AT NOON MAY 27TH - but you can still register at the advance packet pickups (see below) and on race morning starting at 6 a.m.
Castle Rock's 3rd Annual HALF MARATHON! The small town atmosphere with wide open spaces make Castle Rock a great place to run. We'll start downtown and tour the town before retreating to the East Plum Creek Trail for a shady run by the creek. Not up for a traditional 13.1? The shorter 5 mile race folows the best parts of the half marathon but cuts the distance. You'll love this run. Ready for a challenge? Wanna Run the Rock? We are proud to present the Rock Challenge for all you adventurers out there. This race adds the steep ascent and descent of our beloved town monument, the Rock, to the first half of the 5 mile distance, making it a thigh burning wake up call.
Each race will begin at Festival Park in downtown Castle Rock. The half marathon is a scenic run with nominal elevation gains and losses with most of the distance being run along the serene untouched open space along Plum Creek. If you're running the 5 mile or Rock Challenge races, you get the best parts of the half marathon course (and for those of you competing in the Rock Challenge, well your diversion is to run up to the rock and back down) finishing at Festival Park
Be sure to stick around for the post race expo, plus ample unique downtown boutiques, and hometown restaurants all within a few blocks of the start/finish will make for a great day to spend in Castle Rock.
Event details and schedule
Schedule of Events:
- 6:00 a.m. - Packet Pickup
- 7:00 a.m. - Half Marathon Start
- 7:15 a.m. - 5 Mile & Rock Challenge Start
- 9:00 a.m. - Awards for 5 Mile & Rock Challenge
- 10:00 a.m. -Awards for Half Marathon
Advance Packet Pickup:
- Thursday, May 28th, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Runners Roost Lone Tree.
- Friday, May 29th, 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Castle Rock Recreation Center.
Aid Stations - Aid Stations will be at the following points (also port-o-potties will be along the course)
- 1. Mile 1.5 water only
- 2. Mile 3 at the trail turn
- 2. Mile 4.5 at the trail junction.
- 3. Mile 6 at the underpass.
- 4. Mile 8 at the turnaround (we'll have gels and bananas here).
- 5. Mile 10 at the underpass (repeat of #3)
- 6. Mile 11.5 at the trail junction (repeat of #2)