| || |
- $250 to 1st, $150 to 2nd, $100 to 3rd overall M/F in the 9 AM Full Marathon
- Gift certificates to 1st, 2nd, 3rd by 10-year age-group M/F
- This race is the third of Safety And Health Foundation's 2017 Grand Prix
- $100 cash award to everyone who finishes all 3 of SHF's full or half marathons in 2017
| || |
- Carderock Recreation Area is one mile west (outside) I-495 Capital Beltway, on the south side of Clara Barton Parkway
- Carderock Recreation Area does NOT have a street address
- Please follow these directions to Carderock:
- Google map of Carderock
- From I-495, take Exit 41 north of American Legion Bridge in MD.
- Bear west on the exit ramp and turn onto westbound Clara Barton Parkway.
- After one mile, bear right and take the first exit to the right (Carderock | Naval Surface Warfare Center).
- Turn left on the bridge; follow it through a tunnel under the C&O Canal Towpath.
- Drive 0.3 miles to a T-junction. Free parking is on your left or right. Please do not park on the grass.
- Join our Facebook page -- share rides, thoughts, and photos!
| || |
- We have about 325 free parking spaces
- Please carpool or use our Facebook page to share a ride.
- The parking areas are not numbered with signs, but ...
- Parking Area #4 (75 spaces) is on the left (east) -- we host packet pick-up in the picnic pavilion next to Parking Area #4.
- Parking Area #3 (60 spaces) is straight ahead and a little to the right with permanent and portable toilets
- Parking Area #2 (70 spaces) is farther to the right (west)
- Parking Area #1 (120 spaces) is farthest to the right (west) with permanent toilets
| || |
- Parking is limited at Carderock Recreation Area.
- If you can get someone to drop you off, the best place is at the south end of the bridge over Clara Barton Parkway (MAP), where cars can either go straight into to Carderock or turn left to go east toward Washington DC.
- Thus we can avoid a traffic jam on the park road at Carderock.
- From there, it's a short walk through the tunnel and either straight ahead to the packet pick-up area (MAP) or to the left up the gravel road to the start line (MAP).
- Civil Twilight at 6:28 AM | Sunrise at 6:57 AM
- Race-day packet pick-up and bag check are at the picnic pavilion next to the farthest east (left-hand) parking lot ("#4") at Carderock.
- Permanent and portable toilets are in the parking lot straight ahead ("#3") and also the westmost parking lot ("#1").
- Post-race massage, refreshments, pancakes and pizza picnic, and awards presentation are immediately after the finish line on the gravel ramp (NOT at the picnic pavilion)
| || |
| || |
- Pick up your bib number, t-shirt, and goodie bag pre-race
- Goodie bag assembly and early packet pickup:
- Help us assemble bib numbers and goodie bags, and get your bib number, t-shirt, and goodie bag early on Thursday, October 26, 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Walter Reed Community Center, 2909 16th Street South, Arlington VA 22204 (703-228-0946)
- Pre-race packet pickup:
- Friday, October 27, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Pacers Running Store, 3100 Clarendon Boulevard, Arlington VA, across street from Clarendon Metro, free parking at Trader Joe's if you buy something -- includes late registration
- Race-day packet pickup: For the half marathon on Saturday, October 28, on-site from 7:15 AM to 8:45 AM
- Race-day packet pick-up is on-site at Carderock Recreation Area, eastern (left-hand) parking area picnic shelter
- You may pick up someone else's bib number and packet if you bring along a signed note or a printed e-mail message from your friend
- HEADPHONE POLICY: PLEASE DO NOT WEAR HEADPHONES AT THE START, MIDPOINT, OR FINISH LINE