We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Sunday, November 14, 2021.
Here's your opportunity to prepare for the indoor diving season this year! We will be using two, 1-meter, 16' Duraflex Maxiflex Model B cheese boards mounted on Durafirm stands with movable fulcrums and be diving into water 12 ft. deep.
Subjects of instruction and coaching include:
- Safely and productively getting the most out of a diving board
- Mechanics and technical aspects of competitive diving
- Importance of proper body and head alignment
- Line-ups and entries
- Building a list of dives suitable for competition
- Mental aspects of learning new dives and performing well in competition
- Having fun with diving
Instructor Info: Mike Bartley, past national platform and international springboard diving champion is the diving coach for Bates College and Cape Elizabeth HS. He has been college DIII Diving Coach of the Year for New England and NESCAC Coach of the Year. His divers have produced 28 NCAA All American titles, one Maccabian Games Championship and 25 Maine State High School championships.
Richards Community Pool at Richards Pool and Fitness Center