Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Etowah River ParkBrown Industrial Parkway Canton, GA 30114
THIS IS A LIVE RACE!!
(there is a virtual option also!)
Enjoy 80's themed fun throughout, from 80's music, to special lighting, and much more!
DRESS to IMPRESS! Take part in our costume contest and win cool prizes! So put on your best outfit and have fun!
Totally Rad!! ALL participants get a groovy shirt and custom finisher medal.
Sunset will be at 715pm. So you have three ways of enjoying the park!
1. If running in the dark is not your thing, you can sign up for one of the early waves and enjoy the sunlight on your entire run!
2. If you want to enjoy a spectacular sunset, sign up for one of the waves that will let you run at that time!
3. Or..... Run after dark!! Run one of the later waves and enjoy the park from a whole new point of view! (PLEASE NOTE - waves that start at 7pm or later will require a headlamp or flashlight... c'mon! It will be totally tubular!)
NOT READY TO RUN "LIVE" YET? SIGN UP FOR THE VIRTUAL OPTION! You will get the same awesome shirt and medal mailed to your doorstep. The virtual run will have separate prizes from the Live 5K so you will still have chances to win prizes! (COMPLETE TIME SUBMITTING INSTRUCTIONS ARE LISTED IN THE "EVENT DETAILS AND SCHEDULE" SECTION BELOW)
BOTH THE LIVE AND THE VIRTUAL RACES ARE ELIGIBLE FOR POINTS IN THE RUN AND SEE GEORGIA GRAND PRIX!
Event details and schedule
PACKET PICKUP OPTIONS
1. Thursday, 10/8 from 4-7pm at Big Peach Running Co. in Kennesaw. Pick up your shirt and finisher medal early and save time race night! Big Peach Running Co. will also have special sales for our participants so stock up while you are there! You CAN pick up for friends and family. VIRTUAL RUNNERS CAN ALSO PICK UP HERE, AND WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT IF YOU ARE LOCAL
2. Race night (10/9) beginning 30 min prior to the start of your wave
The 5K will take place at Etowah River Park, 600 Brown Industrial Blvd in Canton. The 5K is chip timed and runs on a beautiful course that passes through Etowah River Park, to Heritage Park, and back again.
Overall male and female winner in the live race will win special awards. Medals in various age groups from 19 and under to 70 and over. Overall male and female winner in the virtual run will win special awards.
RULES OF THE RUN
- While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do NOT arrive more than 30 min prior to your wave, and stay in your cars while waiting.
- You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate.
- All our staff will wear masks and gloves to further enhance safety measures.
- Waves will go off at their assigned times. We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants off in smaller groups every 1-2 minutes depending on the size of the wave. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time.
- You MUST run the wave you signed up for, no exceptions.
- Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Complete results will be posted that night on active.com and they will be sent to you via email. Awards will be given to overall and to age group winners in various age groups, but we will mail awards to winners.
- Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended should you be passed by another runner or are passing another runner. Masks / face coverings will be required while you are waiting to start.
- Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue.
- We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs, especially on the course. You will get one bottle of water at the finish line.
- ALL particpants must sign the online waiver before race weekend. If we do not have a signed waiver, you cannot participate, and your race number will be pulled. Each person must sign their own waiver (or a parent/guardian if participant is under 18).
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions. Complete CDC guidelines can be found HERE
- The event has a 300 runner capacity, with only 40 spots per wave. Once a wave is sold out, it is sold out. No exceptions will be made.
TIME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU ARE DOING THE VIRTUAL RUN
HOW TO SUBMIT TIMES
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 10/1/2020 and 10/9/2020 (MUST be submitted by noon on 10/9). Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to email@example.com within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "80's Run 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in!
RESULTS - We will post complete results after the race at www.runforitproductions.com, and they will be sent out via email. Points / results for the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix will be posted as soon as possible.
REFUND POLICY - No refunds and no transfers are allowed for this event. In the unlikely event of a postponement or cancellation due to Force Majuere, complete instructions will be sent to you via email regarding alternatives, should alternatives be available.