Save on this event with ACTIVE Advantage
Your Advantage member discount automatically applies at checkout
Etowah River ParkBrown Industrial Parkway Canton, GA 30114
Just a friendly reminder all registration is closed for the Etowah After Dark 5K and there is no walk up registration at packet pickup or race night.
TIME TO GET BACK TO LIVE RACING!
The Etowah After Dark 5K has a little bit of something for everyone - in a socially distanced setting. The 5K will be run in waves of limited capacity (Please see "Event details and schedule" for detailed information about safety protocols that will be in place).
Sunset will be at 845pm. So you have three ways of enjoying the park!
1. If running in the dark is not your thing, you can sign up for one of the early waves and enjoy the sunlight on your entire run!
2. If you want to enjoy a spectacular sunset, sign up for one of the waves that will let you run at that time!
3. Or..... Run after dark!! Run one of the later waves and enjoy the park from a whole new point of view! (PLEASE NOTE - waves that start at 830pm or later will require a headlamp or flashlight)
We will have fun along the way, and great music at the finish line! And all participants will receive a super cool shirt for their efforts!
NOT READY TO RUN "LIVE" YET? SIGN UP FOR THE VIRTUAL OPTION! You will get the same awesome shirt. mailed to your doorstep. The virtual run will have separate prizes from the Live 5K so you will still have chances to win prizes! (COMPLETE TIME SUBMITTING INSTRUCTIONS ARE LISTED IN THE "EVENT DETAILS AND SCHEDULE" SECTION BELOW)
THE LIVE 5K AND THE VIRTUAL 5K WILL BE CONSIDERED SEPARATE RACES FOR THE RUN AND SEE GEORGIA GRAND PRIX! SIGN UP AND RUN BOTH RACES AND EARN POINTS IN BOTH RACES!
***PLEASE NOTE*** THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION AT ALL! THE RUN HAS A STRICT LIMIT ON TOTAL NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS AND NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS IN EACH WAVE. WE EXPECT THIS TO SELL OUT, SO DON'T WAIT!!
Event details and schedule
RULES OF THE RUN
- While there is plenty of free parking at the race, we ask that you please do NOT arrive more than 30 min prior to your wave, and stay in your cars while waiting.
- You must check in at the medical tent to have a temperature check. If you have a fever, you will not be able to participate.
- All our staff will wear masks and gloves to further enhance safety measures.
- Waves will go off at their assigned times. We will further limit the number of people at the start line by sending participants off in smaller groups every 1-2 minutes depending on the size of the wave. YOU WILL BE CHIP TIMED so it won't affect your race time.
- You MUST run the wave you signed up for, no exceptions.
- Once you are done, please do not hang around the finish line. We need to keep the area clear in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
- Complete results will be posted that night on active.com and they will be sent to you via email. Awards will be given to overall and to age group winners in various age groups, but we will mail awards to winners.
- Masks will not be required while running on the course but having a mask or buff handy is highly recommended should you be passed by another runner or are passing another runner. Masks / face coverings will be required while you are waiting to start.
- Please be sure to wash and sanitize your hands frequently. Sanitizer will be available in various areas around the venue.
- We strongly encourage you to plan for your own hydration needs, especially on the course. You will get one bottle of water at the finish line.
- ALL particpants must sign the online waiver before race weekend. If we do not have a signed waiver, you cannot participate, and your race number will be pulled. Each person must sign their own waiver (or a parent/guardian if participant is under 18).
- If you have a fever, cough, sore throat, or any other symptom of COVID-19 or other illness, please stay home. Contact event director if you have any questions. Complete CDC guidelines can be found HERE
- The event has a 300 runner capacity, with only 40 spots per wave. Once a wave is sold out, it is sold out. No exceptions will be made.
WHILE WE KNOW THE RULES ARE STRICT, THIS IS THE FIRST STEP IN BEING ABLE TO HOST LIVE RACES. WE TRULY APPRECIATE THE LOVE AND SUPPORT OVER THE PAST 3 MONTHS, AND WE APPRECIATE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF THE ABOVE RULES.
Save time race evening and come to Big Peach Running co. in Kennesaw on Thursday, 7/16. We will be there from 4-7pm, and you can pick up your shirt and bib at this time. (You will still need to do a temperature check at the race before you start). Packet pickup will of course observe social distancing rules. ***PLEASE NOTE*** there will be no walk up registration at packet pickup.
TIME SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU ARE DOING THE VIRTUAL RUN
HOW TO SUBMIT TIMES
You will be able to submit your 5K time anytime between 7/12/2020 and 7/17/2020. Please follow all of the steps below in order to be included in the results;
- Run or walk a 5K anywhere - even on a treadmill. If you are running/walking outside, please make sure you are following all social distancing rules and follow ALL local, state, and federal mandates!
- Take a picture of your time/distance. It can be through Strava, Garmin, Mapmyrun, or even a picture of your watch or treadmill display. As long as we can see your distance / time, you are good!
- Email your proof to firstname.lastname@example.org within the time window posted above. Times submitted outside of this window will not count. Please include your full name in the email. ***VERY IMPORTANT*** In the subject line of your email, please put "Etowah After Dark 5K Results Submission" This will help us know which event you are participating in!
- We will post complete results by 7/19/2020 at www.active.com, and they will be sent out via email. Points / results for the Run and See Georgia Grand Prix will be posted as soon as possible.