Train with coaches on the EagleMan/ChesapeakeMan triathlon course. Clinic provides you the opportunity to swim the 1.2 mile course with swim coaches and water support. Swim is followed by sessions on running and transition. Clinic will include an afternoon session with Spin 90 who will provde instruction on how to improve your pedal cadence, speed, power and riding technique specific to the 70.3 and 140.6 distances. Learn how to prepare for a long course event and the opportunity to menatlly and physically prepare for EagleMan with coaches to assist.
For experienced triathletes who have completed an Olympic Distance triathlon (1.5K-40K-10K) and are looking to compete or complete in a Long Course (70.3) or Ultra Course (140.6) triathlon event.
Saturday, May 4, 2013 Optional Add ons
- Long Course Cycle Training
Ride with Spin 90 coaches and receive tips/critique on how to optimize your race/ride performance. 56 miles. $40 Registration for Six Pillars is not included in the coaching fee. After you register, I will send you a link with code to register.
- Swim Videotaping/Instruction
Coaches will provide feedback on the correct technique(s) to use in order to become more proficient and efficient in completing an open water swim.
Sunday, May 5, 2012
- Registration & Transition Set Up
- Open Water Swimming in Choptank River. Reading water conditions, managing start, sighting, breathing, pacing, swimmer contact
- Transition Tips for 70.3 and 140.6 triathlons/Break
- Train to Run not Run to Train! Foot strike, Tempo Runs, Hill Runs & Long Distance on abbreviated EagleMan course
- Lunch & Nutrition Session
- Cycle Mechanics
- Long Course Cycle Training- EagleMan/ChesapeakeMan Ride (approximately 30 miles) Group broken into three ride groups.
- Wrap Up
TriFitness Training is brought to you by Anne Johnson, a USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach who has a passion for helping athletes achieve fitness goals. Anne has assembled an experienced team of coaches with specialties in each component of triathlon. She has developed and managed numerous traininig programs, and is recognized for her commitment to and knowledge of the sport.
Event schedule and times
Dates: Saturday May 4 - Sunday, May 5, 2013
Saturday Ad on';s
8:30 - 12:00 noon Long Course Cycle Training during Six Pillars Century Ride (registration link will be sent to you separately- cost is an additional $40)
3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Swim Clinic (Pool)
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.