For 18 years now, we have been instrumental in helping our church and missions grow. Through Run to the Cross, the community has come together for a fun, carnival-type event. Food and fellowship are abundant with all participants, sponsors, and event coordinators!
Event details and schedule
- ALL DETAILS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE FOR 2020
- 5k and 10k start at 8:15am. The fun run will start once the walkers and runners have completed the course. The finisher medals are for all participants and we have the best in Northeast Louisiana! Reward ceremony and food will follow.
- The same amazing route as last year! Rolling hills, marked turn-arounds, water stops, and emergency services provided.
- Be there before 7am for packet pickup and late registration. At 8am, we will have a group stretch, led by a professional crosstrainer.
- Parking will be under direction of First Baptist Calhoun and the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Department; traffic will also be directed by OPSO. The fire department will also be present.
- All waivers should be signed for upon registration. If it is left incomplete, you will not be able to participate in the race. At packet pickup, your name will be found and corrections will be made. ID is not necessary. If picking up for a friend, their ID will not be needed.
- Wear your running clothes and running shoes. This course isn't for the feint of heart and your feet will thank you for proper attire.
- If you do late registration at the church, you will receive a number. Bring this with you for Saturday morning so we will know if you are doing the 5k or the 10k.
- Late registration for 5k is $35 and 10k is $40.
- Refreshments will be provided at finish line.
- Fantastic to-go plates for participants. Sausage on a stick provided by McCain Farms and beef sliders.
- Our shirts will be the same design as last year.
- Easter basket door prizes!
- Strollers are allowed on the main course, but please! No animals!
- Accepting checks made payable to:
RTTC @ First Baptist Church
P. O. Box 430
Calhoun, LA 71225