For 16 years now, we have been instrumental in helping our church and missions grow. Through Run to the Cross, the community has come together for a fun, carnival-type event. Food and fellowship are abundant with all participants, sponsors, and event coordinators.
Event details and schedule
- 5k and 10k start at 8:15am. The fun run will start once the walkers and runners have completed the course. The finisher medals are for all participants and we have the best in Northeast Louisiana! Reward ceremony and food will follow.
- Rolling hills and a new route for both races! This is all new and shouldn't be missed. Guaranteed a new PR (personal record) for the most coveted run in Calhoun!
- Be there before 7am for packet pickup and late registration (CASH ONLY). At 8am, we will have a group stretch, led by a professional crosstrainer.
- Parking will be under direction of First Baptist Calhoun and the Ouachita Parish Sherriff's Department.
- All waivers should be signed for upon registration. If it is left incomplete, you will not be able to participate in the race. At packet pickup, your name will be found and corrections will be made. ID is not necessary. If picking up for a friend, their ID will not be needed.
- Bring a smile!
- Wear your running clothes and running shoes. This course isn't for the feint of heart and your feet will thank you for proper attire.
- If you do late registration at the church, you will receive a number. Bring this with you for Saturday morning so we will know if you are doing the 5k or the 10k.
- Late registration for 5k is $35 and 10k is $40.
Run to the Cross