We're sorry, but this activity is over. The last meeting was Saturday, October 31, 2020.
Don't paddle alone! Come and meet other paddlers and enjoy some time on the water. A certified kayak instructor will guide the group on the lake and help folks in/out of boats as needed. Fee includes guide, kayak rental, paddle, PFD and lake fees.
For ages 13 and up. Minors must be accompanied by a participating adult.
ALL PADDLERS AGREE TO WILLING WEAR A PROPERLY FITTED PFD WHILE ON THE WATER.
For program information email mhoose@BurlingtonNC.gov
All paddles are subject to cancellation or postponement due to weather. Please provide a correct email at registration to ensure you receive confirmation and communication regarding your paddle.
Registration cancellations must be received at least 24 hours prior to event for a refund or to be transfer to another paddle (if available).
**The online service fee is non-refundable under all circumstances.**
HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS FOR GROUP KAYAK PROGRAM:
- Do NOT attend of if you are sick or have been around someone who is.
- It is strongly encouraged that high-risk persons NOT attend. According to the CDC, high-risk people include those ages 65+ and/or have serious underlying medical conditions (immuno-compromised, chronic lung disease, moderate-to-severe asthma, serious heart conditions, severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis or liver disease).
- Group size is limited in accordance with mass gathering limits/executive orders. Pre-registration required. No walk-ups allowed.
- Staff are required to wear masks during check-in and at launch/landing. Participants are encouraged to do the same. Masks not required while paddling and keeping social distance.
- Paddlers will keep proper social distancing.
- Participants and staff are encouraged to wash or sanitize hands before and after paddling (please be prepared with your own hand sanitizer).
- Participants are encouraged to bring and wear their own coast guard approved PFD (lifejacket) if they have one.
- All provided equipment will be clean/sanitized before each use. All equipment will sit a minimum of 72 hours between uses as an additional safeguard.
Guilford Mackintosh Park & Marina | 1345 NC HWY 61, Whitsett, NC 27377