Join us for the 2018 Tread & Trail!
We are inviting you all to take part in Sport Tasman's first Mountain Bike/Trail Run event at the Denniston Plateau! Designed to encourage more participants to give the sport a go, while allowing for great spectating.
MORE PEOPLE, MORE ACTIVE, MORE OFTEN!
Suitable for ages 14 and above!
Event details and schedule
RACE DAY TIMINGS
Registration area opens at Denniston Museum (no earlier than 10am please)
Bikes can be dropped off at transition area & checked
Compulsory race brief at start line
Approx. 15 minutes after the last competitor has crossed the finish line.
- A thermal top, jacket, drink bottle and trail shoes (or sports/running shoes with good grip) are compulsory to bring to this event. You may choose not to wear the thermal or jacket if conditions allow.
- Warm clothing for pre and post race
- Suitable mountain bike for mixed terrain, in good working condition. MUST have good working brakes.
- Correctly fitted helmet to be worn at all times during the bike course
- We recommend a basic repair kit and bike pump.
- Any medications you require or may require eg Asthma inhalers
- A bag to keep any excess clothing layers or items together at the start/finish line
Participant safety and enjoyment is our number one priority:
- We will have several first aid trained marshals available during the race as well as a first aid designated area.
- All roads will remain open during this event, signage will be clearly displayed and marshals used in appropriate locations eg crossings. Give way to traffic if required at all times.
- Will be sign posted and marshals will direct you to this area.
- No parking at the Denniston Museum or on course
A final race email will be sent directly to you before the event. This will be sent along with final maps on or before Friday 10th August 2018, to the email address used within registration.
No refunds are available after registrations close on Thursday 9th August 2018.