Online registration has been extended through Tuesday, March 10th at 6:00pm.
Join us at the Islands as we honor and remember Georgia's fallen soldiers who died while serving their country in the Global War on Terror. Signs individually representing each of the 216 Fallen Soldiers will line the entire race course to further emphasis just how many have given their last full measure for our country. Proceeds from the race benefit charites created in honor of a fallen Georgia soldier. So come out and show your support while enjoying a great venue on certified race course!
We benefit the Noah Marshall Memorial, Matthew Freeman Project, Noah Harris Fund, Ashley Henderson Huff Memorial Scholarship, and the Whitlock Foundation. To ensure all funds raised go these very worthy charities, no members of Run for the Fallen receive a salary of any kind for their times and efforts.
Awards: Top 3 M/F overall finishers will receive an award and cash prizes. Cash prizes for both races are 1st Place M/F- $150.00, 2nd Place M/F- $75.00, 3rd Place M/F- $50.00 Age group awards will be given to the Top 3 M/F in the usual 14 different age group categories from 9 & under to 70+.
Challenge Coins: A 2" military style challenge coin will be given to the top 10% of race finishers. For example, challenge coins would be given out to the first 125 finishers of a 1,250 participant race. These coins list our charity on one side, and the Fallen Heroes of Georgia road race on the other side.Challenge coins and race tees from previous FHOG will be for sale near the packet pick up area.
Sorry but we are no longer hosting the 1K or the 10K roadrace. Please consider continuing to support our mission by participating in the 5K.
Event details and schedule
Online registration have been extended through Tuesday, March 10th at 6:00pm.
- Starting Time: 8:00am
- Race Course: The race course has it's fair share of hills and lots of flat areas. Course certification number is GA11016WC.
- Arrival Information: Arrive by no later than 7:00am. This will allow for parking, packet pick up and the returning to your vehicle to drop of your race tee, opening ceremony at 7:40am, and the race will start at 8:00am.
- Parking: Parking has changed a little for this year's race. All race parking will be located in the lower lot (Grand Hall lot), and packet pick up will be across the road and in the upper beach parking area. Follow well placed directional signs to the parking and packet pick up locations. This change will allow particicpants to exit without the delays, and this change will kepp exiting runners from crossing the path of finishing participants.
- Prerace Packet Pick Up: DAY 1: Thursday, March 12th from 11:00am- 4:00pm at Hamilton Mill Christian Church, 3809 Sardis Church Rd, Buford 30024 Ph. 678.869.5012 DAY 2: Friday, March 13th from 11:00am-4:00pm at Big Peach Running Co. 320 Towne Center Avenue, Suwanee 30024 Ph. 678.869.5012
- Website: Check the Fallen Heroes of Georgia website on the Thursday and Friday before the race for important updates, Thank You. www.fallenheroesofgeorgia.com/
Run for the Fallen